Experiences with iq define pro

Mtrain

FNG
I’ve been looking at the IQ define sights for a while and when the Seven pin version came out lighter than the original it got more attractive. I like the idea of having my fixed pins like normal but not having to range then draw as seperate movements. who owns the seven pin and how do you like it?

Probably because they aren't legal in a lot of western states. Even if legal in a few areas a lot of people hunt multiple states and want their setup to be legal wherever they go.

I know a few guys who use the Garmin here in the east for whitetail hunting. I don't personally care for it. Takes a little while to range. If shooting a range I normally range it several times to be sure I'm not picking anything up. I don't want to do that at full draw. Also when stand hunting I generally know my ranges so it's not as critical. I just find it easier to use a hand held.

stonewall

WKR
No experience with the new range finding iq. But as stated above about the garmin. My brother in law has the garmin and having shot a few 3D courses with him, I’d never buy one. It picks up other things and gives incorrect yardage. And he can’t compensate for it bc there’s only the one dot. He’s looking to replace it with a “normal” sight now. At times he’s happy with it and at times he speaks strongly to it and I have to cover my kids ears

OP
M

Mtrain

FNG
No experience with the new range finding iq. But as stated above about the garmin. My brother in law has the garmin and having shot a few 3D courses with him, I’d never buy one. It picks up other things and gives incorrect yardage. And he can’t compensate for it bc there’s only the one dot. He’s looking to replace it with a “normal” sight now. At times he’s happy with it and at times he speaks strongly to it and I have to cover my kids ears
This is the other reason I like the look of the define. It just puts the rangefinder on the bow but still keeps the pins like normal. Then you can draw, range and just move the pin up to the animal and shoot. If it died or you didn’t need to range then it’s just business as usual with the fixed pin sight.