Experiences with LAW Professional?

I have a chance to trade for a LAW M704 Professional in 7 Rem Mag, does anyone have any positive/negative experiences with these?

Buddy bought one from sportsman’s, it has been nothing but a pain in the ass. Wouldn’t shoot even with custom loads, sent it back for rebarrel. Still won’t shoot, sits scopeless in his closet gathering dust. Would not recommend LAW.

Last edited:
OP
awildswanger
Buddy bought one from sportsman’s, it has been nothing but a pain in the ass. Wouldn’t shoot even with custom loads, sent it back for rebates. Still won’t shoot, sits scopeless in his closet gathering dust. Would not recommend LAW.
Not to be too literal, but wouldn't shoot as in gun would not fire or wouldn’t shoot as in greater than 1 MOA? What exactly was the issue?

Thank you! Have you had any issues?
No problems. It’s shot every load I’ve tried under an inch. I had it shortened an inch and put a PVA backcountry break on it. Topped with a 3-10 SHV. It’s my go-to rough use/do anything rifle. I built a custom 280AI on a 704 clone action and it’s been fantastic as well.