ExpertVoice

Is there a catch to using EV? I submitted my info to get an account started. Anybody have experience using them? Are the deals really that good? Going to try to gear up for an Alaskan ‘bou hunt in September.

It's legit. Great deals. Been using it for years. Where are you planning to hunt bou at. On my short list in AK

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

OP
coloyooper
It's legit. Great deals. Been using it for years. Where are you planning to hunt bou at. On my short list in AK

Thanks- looking forward to checking it out. We’re using a transporter into 25.

Wellsdw

WKR
It’s good, deals are often better than retail (Amazon) but rarely as good as they say. Ex. 50% off retail msrp. However most retail is below msrp. Also a lot of items have limited stock. All and all it’s good

agardner00

Lil-Rokslider
It’s legit but a little bit more of a hassle IMO than just dealing direct. Some companies only offer mil discounts through EV though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed with some. Some deals aren't great but some companies like first lite are on EV and offer great discounts. It's worth it. Coloyooper what do you do for work to get a discount just wondering

KBC

WKR
How do you get approved for more stuff? I qualify somehow through my work but I only get discounts on garmin, some dog toy place and some inflatable stand up paddle boards.
I’d like to get a discount on pelican stuff and maybe some hunting stuff.

How do you get approved for more stuff? I qualify somehow through my work but I only get discounts on garmin, some dog toy place and some inflatable stand up paddle boards.
I’d like to get a discount on pelican stuff and maybe some hunting stuff.
I'm not 100% but I think it's just based on your affiliation. Alot of stuff you can test for to get a discount but I think alot comes down to what you do. I'm a fireman and my brothers a cop /k9 officer. We both seem to get different discounts

Reactions: KBC

KBC

WKR
I think I'm going to try contacting them and getting things updated with my work. Pre Covid I travelled a bit for work as a helicopter mechanic and they are talking about getting the travel work going again. I would really benefit from discounts on tools and pelican cases to put them in hahaha ;)

Jn78

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah, it is worth it and not a hassle. It is good that you have some time because some companies run special deals occasionally.

lak2004

WKR
Some deals are better than can be found online elsewhere. Make sure you read the fine print from every brand you are looking at. Many don't offer returns or exchanges.

KSP277

WKR
Vortex deals are hard to beat, mystery ranch prices are awesome, seems like they add more companies all the time. Once you get affiliated it’s simple. Definitely worth the time to get an account

Some suppliers offer discounts themselves thay are also on EV, but the catch is you need a guide license or be a business owner in the outdoor related industry.

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
If you're military, LEO, first responder, guide, etc- sometimes it's worth applying for a "pro" account- every company has there own criteria on what they consider a "pro" and the discounts vary- sometimes as little as 10%, sometimes 50% off retail.

Most companies have a little snippet about "becoming a pro" on their site

ExpertVoice sounds similar to govx.com- they have several categories that a person might qualify for discounts, generally not as deep as a direct "pro account", but some pretty good deals nonetheless

There are a few pro sites out there. I like https://www.guidefitter.com/join?_r=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ3VpZGVmaXR0ZXIuY29tLw==
You can use my referral code to sign up: SpwHghfn

They have a ton of hunting and fishing vendors and some pretty sweet deals compared to expertvoice.

There is also www.outdoorprolink.com, they have some good deals as well.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Guidefitter will not accept just a guide license and/or proof of business ownership. They want a paystub from an outfitter or a current signed contract with a client for proof of credentials.

That is why I left them. It is none of their business who my clients are, or who I may guide for and what I get paid...