Expo Exhibitors

Diesel

WKR
I have noticed that some of the big name hunting gear companies do not show at the hunting shows. Is that because of exhibit costs or an online marketing strategy. It would seem to me that "top of the mind" exposure would be crucial in such a competitive category. Just curious as to why.

Funny you mention this same subject. I asked one of my best friends the same thing after the DSC show. He's a very experienced domestic & international retail guru. His opinion is that some of these high dollar gear / clothing companies actually DON'T want people to have their hands on their stuff because once they do, they may determine that it's not worth the price. They would rather keep it out of reach and drum up the anticipation level. Think about how many things you read about & saw the online ads, product demo videos, etc. and just had to have it. Once you received it you thought "I just paid $$ for this?

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Think about how many things you read about & saw the online ads, product demo videos, etc. and just had to have it. Once you received it you thought "I just paid $$ for this?

Lol!

I do know at the WHCE that KUIU, Kryptek, SKRE, Sitka are there and their booths are usually very busy, especially KUIU

OP
D

Diesel

WKR
Robby, I was looking over the WHCE exhibitor booth layout and did not see Kifaru or Sitka listed as an example. Could I have missed it? Both build good products with good reputations so I was wondering why they would not show at an event in their neck of the woods.

I would think a big name company would show even if they don't have anything new because not everyone attending knows what is new and what is not or just wants to check it out in person.

Can building hype for a new intro be cause to hold out till product is available? Or could it be a cost saving reason. I would guess those spots on the floor are pricey.

I ask to try to understand their marketing strategy.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Some times it's almost political who gets a spot and who gets what spot at the Expo. Like any business WHE has preferred customers. Lots of times a company like Sitka will be represented by a vendor I believe Linton will be showcasing thier products this year. In the past some companies have had a few items on display at another vendors booth, I've heard the expo has really tried to limit that from happening this year so guess we'll see in a few days.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

freebird

WKR
I had heard that kifaru doesn't go to the WHE. But never heard a reason why? I have also heard that the sheep show draws the crowds willing too and do spend the high dollars. This will be my first year going to the WHE. Am hoping to meet a few people I have only talked to on the forums or have listened to on podcasts. So I guess this years experience will dictate if I go back for 2021

Pro953

WKR
I do a a handful of shows for my company (not hunting related). They are a pain. Expensive, logistically challenging, lots of opportunity cost for being out of the office and not able to help current clients.

While shows do drum up some new business, it’s often the same crowd over and over plus some tire kicking. Then you have to take folks to dinner etc.

Just a big pain. For a smaller company often the ROI does not pan out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jebuwh

Lil-Rokslider
According to Aron's Instagram, Kifaru will be there in the BlackOvis booth. Also I guess they will be carrying Kifaru stuff retail in their store now which is awesome!

sndmn11

WKR
Thanks for all your explanations, collectively it gives a clearer view.

There is also a sizable waiting list for that show. We have been trying to get a bigger booth the past few years and it finally came about this year. I also know of a handful of other companies who Shawna had to turn away because it is full.

Post #7 above sums up the double edge sword of shows well, and that is if things go as planned.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Robby, I was looking over the WHCE exhibitor booth layout and did not see Kifaru or Sitka listed as an example. Could I have missed it? Both build good products with good reputations so I was wondering why they would not show at an event in their neck of the woods.

I would think a big name company would show even if they don't have anything new because not everyone attending knows what is new and what is not or just wants to check it out in person.

Can building hype for a new intro be cause to hold out till product is available? Or could it be a cost saving reason. I would guess those spots on the floor are pricey.

I ask to try to understand their marketing strategy.
Hi

@Kifaru usually piggy-backs on 1-shot-gear booth.

@Josh Boyd do you know if Sitka will be there?

*Edit, I see someone clarified on Kifara, so BlackOvis booth this year.

This was the first year for KUIU at the GAOS in Harrisburg, and it seemed very busy. First Lite was also in attendance. Sitka was represented by a few retailers. In an unrelated field, we do shows. They are generally a waste of time, as we are a small company focusing on the tri-state area. Mostly, people are just kicking tires and will buy locally (depends on the commodity). For us, it is agricultural equipment.