Expos

I am thinking about heading up to Salt Lake next spring for one of the expos. My goal is to talk to some outfitters about a BC goat hunt. I’m not going to look at gear as a primary goal.

Would I be better off going to the Western Hunting Expo or the International Sportsman’s Expo? I have never been to either one.

Any other expos in other states around UT worth looking into?

CorbLand

WKR
I am not an expert when it comes to expos but I have been to the Western Hunting Expo. There are quite a few outfitters but it is primarily gear focused. I have heard that the ISE is more outfitters so it might be better for what you looking for but I have never been to that one.

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reno sheep show has more outfitters. Whe is gear driven imo. I would look at coming to Reno if possible!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wyosteve

WKR
SCI is in Reno this year as well as the Sheep Show. Not too bad of a drive for you from Utah.

Jebuwh

Lil-Rokslider
I am thinking about heading up to Salt Lake next spring for one of the expos. My goal is to talk to some outfitters about a BC goat hunt. I’m not going to look at gear as a primary goal.

Would I be better off going to the Western Hunting Expo or the International Sportsman’s Expo? I have never been to either one.

Any other expos in other states around UT worth looking into?

I thought the ISE was super boring, lots of ATV's and boats and random outdoor stuff, there were some guides there. The main Expo has quite a few outfitters, but I would say Sheep show in Reno is your best bet.
If you could only go to one in Utah I would say Hunt Expo. I hate everything that it stands for and the company that profits off of it, but its the only place I can go to see the new gear!
I am going there as usual, and hitting sheep show for the first time as well.

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
I hate the idea of giving one cent to SFW too. The Sheep Show looks like it has a lot of outfitters. I’ll have to see if SCI has a list of attendees posted.

Sheep show is cheap to get into. Sci is super expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For Mountain Goat Outfitters SCI and the Sheep Show have a lot to offer.

SCI probably has more hunting outfitters (especially international outfitters) than any other show. You can view their outfitter list online and they have a lot of folks offering Mountain Goat hunts. Below is a link to SCI Show Floorplan and exhibitor list

Since the Sheep Show specializes in mountain game you can’t miss there either; and if Sheep are on the menu it’s the obvious choice.

Both are in Reno - SCI‘s Show fees are more expensive

sneaky

"DADDY"
Sheep show is your best bet. I liked it better than the WHE, same exhibitors without the BS . Still plenty of cool gear to see

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk