External Frame Hauler Question(s)

I am a long-time lurker but still pretty much a newbie with questions. I will be hunting primarily solo in the Southeast from fixed camps / locations for whitetails and pigs.

I am in the market for a dedicated pack for moving meat, unwieldy objects, etc., because, I don't want to drag long distances. I am looking at the Slumberjack Rail Hauler, the Alps Trophy X, the Alps Commander X, the Barney's Frontier Gear Freighter Frame, etc., and they are all starting to look alike.

Alternatively, the thrifty side of me thinks that repurposing a used external frame backpack from Goodwill.com or elsewhere might be worth trying before spending $100's on a new external frame.

Do you have a favorite external frame hauler? Are there enough differences between them to warrant paying more for one over another? Do you have any experiences to share about going the thrift store route with a used external frame backpack?

Thank you very much for your input.

Fatcamp

WKR
I use Cabela's. The newer ones have much better belt and harness. Worth a couple hundred bucks for sure.

The Cabela's hasn't worked well for me. It's older, probably 7-8 years anyways. Might be they have redesigned it. I know that I'll use my hpg decker or exo K3 long before the Cabela's frame, even for large bulky loads, that should do better with a large external.

My experience is to go cheap or high dollar. Seems I'm always disappointed with mid price, end up buying what I originally should have in the end.

Barney's has a great reputation but I have no experience with it.

Barney's is the best aluminum freighter frame there is, bar none. It's awe-inspiring, and an EOL purchase - you'll never have to replace it.
Costco has the Slumberjack Rail Hauler, a great pack frame but by no means an Alaskan professional standard, for half as much.

I’ve been happy with one of the cabelas outfitter frames, it’s a little different than the ones currently offered though