Extreme Hunts 60 and Beyond

Turning 60 in the next year, fitness has been apart of most of my life. Wanting to live on the edge at 12000 ft. and beyond. Planning that next hunt, 6 total maybe 7 hunts this year. Any fitness tips for that guy or gal turning 60 and beyond. Currently working upper body, free weights every other day. Core every other day, and cardo 4 times a week with hikes in between. Im 5ft 11in and 173lb. Lean. Thanks, Im headed to work 12hr. shifts Evan.

Well done man! Maybe you should be giving us younger hunters some tips for staying so healthy and active at 60!
Good luck on your hunts this year.

bnsafe

WKR
no tips for ya, but thanks for posting. that was inspiring and i needed that.

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I don't have any tips for you Evan, but after running into you at the trail head and finding you and your partners camp that far in, YOU GIVE ME HOPE that I'll be able to hunt in the wilderness when I'm 60!

You're a stud my friend!

philw

Lil-Rokslider
Well done man! Maybe you should be giving us younger hunters some tips for staying so healthy and active at 60!
Good luck on your hunts this year.

+1, I'm not there yet, but it's right around the corner, I'd like to hear what works for you. Not just for preparation before the hunt, but any tips for during the hunt too.

OP
E
I think one thing for me is staying injury free. Ive had no broken bones or torn anything. I did pack out a boned out cow elk last fall in 2 trips but only an hour and a half from the truck. Im also down 15 fat pounds since the 1st of the year, weighted 172 this morning. Would like to add a little more Muscle. Maybe I need to take in a little more protein. Evan