Eyes tearing up in the wind

J.G.

FNG
My eyes tear up really bad in the wind, to the point I have trouble seeing very far. Anyone else run into this issue and what do you do to help? Thanks,
Jim

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Fitzwho

WKR
In a cold wind mine will do the same. I’m from west Texas so blowing sand is also an issue. It was blowing 40 plus just yesterday.

When it’s windy like that or I’m riding in my buddies bass boat, I wear WileyX sunglasses with a gasket that seals them to my face. Keeps wind from coming around them, even when running 60+ on the water.

oake

Lil-Rokslider
Following this, I have similar issues with my eyes.

One thing I find myself doing is wearing a lot of hoodies, and pulling the sides out to protect my eyes from the wind as much as possible. Another trick is using sunglasses frequently.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I have the opposite problem. The wind dries my contacts out something fierce, and then they're like a piece of Saran Wrap stuck to my eye causing nothing but blur. I wish I could get tears to keep them moist. Drops never seem to work very well.

Mike 338

WKR
I commonly wear grandma sunglasses over my regular glasses when riding horseback in windy and rainy weather. The wrap around style helps. Something wrap around yet ventilated to prevent fogging should help quite a bit.

Rich M

WKR
Yup - glasses or goggles. Back when we hunted thick pines and cold weather, we wore amber shooting glasses. I should probably get a new pair for my next hunt in the treeless country out there.

Shraggs

WKR
Yup - glasses or goggles. Back when we hunted thick pines and cold weather, we wore amber shooting glasses. I should probably get a new pair for my next hunt in the treeless country out there.

I wear glasses, if windy or in brush where I could get face whacked - I use a sporting safety glasses called F8. Look like ones basket ball players wear. Take a beating for sure, but the fit tight enough they block wind very well, yet they aren’t sealed with gasket to my face - which helps limit fogging up.