F150 ‘15 EcoBoost - transmission acting up?

Zoso5150

WKR
6 speed EcoBoost owners or Ford guys, I need some help. 61k miles on my stock 2015 2.7L and transmission is shuddering.

Here’s the deal…between 60-65 mph going up a gradual incline, engine downshifts, sounds like it’s knocking (pre-igniting) for a second or so then the transmission will start shuddering really hard, about like your driving over the rumble strips. It last 5 seconds or so then goes away. Doesn’t always do it and slower speeds seem to keep it at bay.

I dropped the transmission pan and replaced the filter and about a third (6 qts) of the fluid; as much as I could get. Took it to the coast today and still did the shudder thing but not as hard as before. Maybe an improvement but hard to say.

Folks online experiencing similar issues say the fix ranges from needing new torque converter to just a full 100% transmission fluid flush.

Has anyone experienced this with their EcoBoost 6 speed? What was the fix? Thanks!

Marble

WKR
I've experienced it with other transmissions and a complete transmission fluid replacement fixed it. If you replace only a 1/3 then you will have potentially 2/3 shitty fluid.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Maybe give tow/haul a try and see if it follows higher in the rpm range. Or it could help with locking/unlocking the torque converter a bit quicker

OP
Zoso5150

Zoso5150

WKR
It's Torque converter shudder. Pretty common issue with those transmissions.
I havw the same thing on my 2012 F150

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
That’s what I’m affraid of too.
What was the fix on your 2012?

Scanned the computer and found a P0316 code i.e. ‘engine misfire detected at startup first 1000 revolutions’ so put new plugs in today. Fingers crossed but probably unrelated.