F150 headlights

BCsteve

WKR
Yup. Huge pain in the ass on my F150. Pull off front wheel and remove fender liner just to replace a bulb. Never thought I’d need a floor jack to replace a lightbulb.
Lol. Don't have to go that far. Crank the wheel to one side, three screws, peel the liner a bit and you have access to all three bulbs on that side. Took me about 15-20 minutes to replace all six bulbs to led's.

Lol. Don't have to go that far. Crank the wheel to one side, three screws, peel the liner a bit and you have access to all three bulbs on that side. Took me about 15-20 minutes to replace all six bulbs to led's.
Which LED's did you use? Any signs of overheating or flickering?

BCsteve

WKR
Which LED's did you use? Any signs of overheating or flickering?

Those ones. No signs of overheating or flickering. Works with the daytime driving lights and auto function. Nice bright white light and nobody is flashing me. Got a 2023 on order, ill be removing those led's and putting the old ones in when I trade it in so I can put the led's in the new one!

Those ones. No signs of overheating or flickering. Works with the daytime driving lights and auto function. Nice bright white light and nobody is flashing me. Got a 2023 on order, ill be removing those led's and putting the old ones in when I trade it in so I can put the led's in the new one!
Just bought a set. Thanks for making me spend money.

RAPTOR

WKR
Id swap them with OEM LED headlights, someone makes an adaptor to use safely I'm sure. LED bulbs can be garbage in halogen housings.

Catchfish

WKR
For the last 12 months I’ve been using the Napa xenon bulbs in my 2007 F150. I’ve been pretty happy, I also installed a 20” light bar this week from F150LEDS, install was easy had to re drill the mounting bracket to bring the bar up to clear the bumper. My brother has been using this light bar for several years no issue.

I pulled the stock ones apart and retrofitted HIDs in projectors and it turned out good. Then last year some kid pulled out in front of me and i nailed him, so i got my whole front end replaced on his insurances dime(thanks to my dash cam). I got morimoto XB LED complete housings and i love em, even brighter than the HIDs i had. Id probably have a hard time paying for them with my own money since they're spendy tho

Id swap them with OEM LED headlights, someone makes an adaptor to use safely I'm sure. LED bulbs can be garbage in halogen housings.
This is what has me concerned now. I ordered a set of bulbs recommended here, and want to see how well they work in oem reflector housings.

BCsteve do you have any photos showing your light pattern with those BPS leds? Did you have to adjust the leds or pattern at all?

IdahoElk

WKR
Get rid of the leveling kit. Trucks are supposed to have a rake when empty so they are level when loaded.
My 10" level kit gets the chicks and I can still haul stuff with no problems. I don't drive at night.
TFkXb5Z.png

RAPTOR

WKR
This is what has me concerned now. I ordered a set of bulbs recommended here, and want to see how well they work in oem reflector housings.

BCsteve do you have any photos showing your light pattern with those BPS leds? Did you have to adjust the leds or pattern at all?
You may have the same issue with people flashing you. The reflectors in the housings are designed for halogens.

These are an option if you want to spend the money. Or OEM if you can find them.

BCsteve

WKR

I'll try to get a pic tonight. The led on the bulb is placed at the same height/location as the filament on the halogen bulb, it's not like the earlier cheap led bulbs that had a bunch of small led's pointing in all directions. The oem reflector seems to work fine, no adjustments required, nobody flashing me and light pattern reaches out there.

LED bulbs can be garbage in halogen housings.
Just line up the bulb correctly in the housing and they are fine in halogen housings.

If you leveld your truck lower your beams a little bit and you'll be good to go

Aftermarket housings will eventually leak save your money

Left is the LEDs I linked earlier in halogen OEM housing. Right is stock. Huge improvement. Just pay attention how the lights line up with the reflectors when you install and you'll be fine. I used the towel as a guide to lower my beams as I leveled my truck. 2020 xlt f150.

IMG_20210213_193638649.jpg

Installed these LEDS last night. Took less than an hour to install all 4 (high and low beams.) only trouble I had was installing the driver side low beam, the LED was very tight in the housing and took some work to get in. They put out way more light and I didn’t get flashed on my drive into work this morning. The high beams are unreal. I’m going to adjust the beams a bit lower again for my own liking but so far so good. I’ll put up some photos later on for anyone who’s interested.