F150 Truck Tire Recommendations

sneaky

"DADDY"
What kind of tread life did you guys get on them? That's the only iffy thing I have read about them. I don't want to put 30-40k tread tires on my truck.
The Falkens come with a 55k tread wear warranty
97caee766f35a6c040a30acacd6dfd85.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

targetpanic

Lil-Rokslider
I have had 3 sets of 10 ply General Grabber AT2, now ATx on two different trucks. I have been able to get 55-60K out of all 3 sets compared to the 40k I would get out of the std P rated Cooper Discoverer AT3

TXCO

WKR
I put 90,000 miles on a set of hankooks in my half ton and loved them. I agree on the 10 ply/E load rating as must. Tread design isnt near as big of a concern for me as strength and puncture resistance.

Regardless what you buy, make sure you rotate em regularly, have the right pressure (I run my Toto Xtremes at 37lbs cold, (they heat to 40 on the hwy in summer) and never use Armour All or any other "drying agent" on them. I prefer this product. https://www.griotsgarage.com/produc...MIna7Z7abZ6QIVghh9Ch0V7gA9EAQYASABEgIdrvD_BwE

My truck gives me the pressure setting of each tire on the dash so I know if a tire is losing air, it even has a low pressure warning. Hit something in the road and need a plug? Boom. I know instantly and can detour to a tire shop before it goes flat. Take care of your rubber and it will take care of you. I got 55,000 miles outta my last set of Toyo Xtremes.

Last edited:

sneaky

"DADDY"
I have had 3 sets of 10 ply General Grabber AT2, now ATx on two different trucks. I have been able to get 55-60K out of all 3 sets compared to the 40k I would get out of the std P rated Cooper Discoverer AT3
P rated tires are meant for passenger vehicles other than trucks that haul heavier loads, or ones that aren't spending time on gravel roads. That's not really a fair comparison to a 10ply E range tire.

BJP

FNG
Toyota at extreme ,got 78ooo out of first set and 45 so far on second ride great and are fairly quite.

travispe

FNG
Another vote for the Falkens. Very little road noise. When current set is done I'll order another just like 'em

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

260madman

WKR
Hankook Dynapro ATM. Deep siping and wear really well. The owner of the shop I bought them at had a set and went 75k miles on them. He has the Same truck as mine, 2500 HD.DE6282AF-D809-43AB-B047-3DC838E8A674.jpeg

stevie

Lil-Rokslider
After reading all these reviews. My Tundra needed new tires and got a set of Falkens. Local dealer put on a set of 4 for 650.00 or so... had them replace couple tire tensors and do an alignment.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Hankook Dynapro ATM. Deep siping and wear really well. The owner of the shop I bought them at had a set and went 75k miles on them. He has the Same truck as mine, 2500 HD.View attachment 185585
Is your 2500 a diesel? I haven't seen anyone get near that kind of mileage out of any tire with a diesel. My boss gets half that on his 3500, and before that his 2500, diesels. He's used every tire brand out there except for Coopers. He won't listen to reason.

260madman

WKR
Is your 2500 a diesel? I haven't seen anyone get near that kind of mileage out of any tire with a diesel. My boss gets half that on his 3500, and before that his 2500, diesels. He's used every tire brand out there except for Coopers. He won't listen to reason.

Both gassers.

OP
NDGuy

NDGuy

WKR
After reading all these reviews. My Tundra needed new tires and got a set of Falkens. Local dealer put on a set of 4 for 650.00 or so... had them replace couple tire tensors and do an alignment.
Holy shit where did you find Falkens that cheap? Best price I have seen is Walmart for $815 shipped not including install. Are those tires 10 ply?

stevie

Lil-Rokslider
Dang, i did not even ask. Turns out they are the 4 ply. Oh well, lesson learned

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Has anyone tried Kenda tires? I priced out some Falkens at our local shop and they apparently are back ordered because of some factory issue. He recommended Kenda Klevers... they look okay but they’re new. He priced them to me at 250$ a tire, so not a fan of that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
NDGuy

NDGuy

WKR
Has anyone tried Kenda tires? I priced out some Falkens at our local shop and they apparently are back ordered because of some factory issue. He recommended Kenda Klevers... they look okay but they’re new. He priced them to me at 250$ a tire, so not a fan of that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah $250 a tire get's you into some pretty premium tires I would probably look elsewhere.

If you want something similar to the Falkens, Sumitomo (Falken's parent company) makes a tire called Encounter AT.

Very similar tire and similar price.

Cooper Tires - ST. MAXX.

I have used the Cooper AT3's and really have liked them but my next pair is going to be the ST. Maxx. A buddy had them on his truck last fall and I was really impressed by their performance. Make sure and get the 10 ply tires.
My mechanic likes these also. They think cooper tires are the best.