Factory 300 PRC

Looking to get a factory higher end rifle in 300 PRC. Looking at the Christensen ELR but wanted to see what everyone else’s experiences are. I do a lot of shooting at the bench during season and off season. My main range goes to 400 yards and I have access to longer ranges up to 1000 yards. I’d like a rifle that is:

Comfortable in the field and on the bench
Doesn’t weight a ton once all finished with likely NF NX8 4-32 scope would consider 4-24 VX6 for lighter weight
Under MOA with handloading
I’ve got 500 212gr ELD-X and 1000 Nosler CC 220gr to start development

Other considerations

Ladd

FNG
The Christensen Arms ELR is a great rifle. I have one now in 30-338 Lapua Imp. Still have the 338 Lapua barrel. The integral rail and recoil lug make this a fantastic rifle. Mine has the original internal mag box which has been upgraded to a Wyatt’s 4”. Very accurate for long range.

rootacres

WKR
I wouldn't hesitate to buy another CA. I had a Ridgeline in 300 WSM before selling it to go custom. That ELR or Ridgeline Titanium would be a great option. I also like the Bergara Premiers. Of course you have Tikka too.

fatbacks

WKR
I have the Proof Elevation MTR in 300 PRC coming any day now. Looked to me a good option for a combo LR shooting rifle and hunting rifle. If it shoots like any of my other rifles with Proof Barrels, it is sure to be a winner.

Same price point as the ELR, but with the proof you can get other prefit barrels for it and swap cartridges on the same platform.

eoperator

WKR
Alamo precision maverick would get my vote for that money. Defiance action, pick your caliber, barrel contour, twist, stock, finish- just like burger King, have it your way!
Nothing wrong with ca rifles (have 2) if you mind is set on one.

kickemall

WKR
You might take a look at the Fierce Rival. Similar to the CA your looking at. Doesn't come with the 20 moa rail but does have a built in forearm rail which is really nice. 1/2" moa guarantee. Biggest drawback is its new to the market so not a lot of reports. There was a trigger recall and they replaced the Bix n Andy with a TriggerTech. I have one in .300 PRC with the NX8 4-32 and while I haven't put a lot of rounds through it I consistently get 3/4" three shot groups with factory ELD-X. I did have an issue with the bottom metal which Fierce was willing to correct but it wasn't worth sending it back so I did it myself. Pretty impressive gun for the money but time will tell. I had a Fierce Fury before getting the Rival and it was a great rifle with no issues.

OP
O
I’m liking the Fierce Rival. I also like the Proof, but I can’t find any for sale right now.

OP
O
As an update, I bought the ELR, put on a 6-24 Sig Tango 6 I had laying around and with a near max load of H1000 per Hodgdon (but over per Hornady) and a 212 ELDX with about .025” of jump that yields solid 1/2-3/4 MOA 5 shot accuracy. I’m holding 2 to 2-1/2” repeatedly at 300 yards which is as far as I regularly shoot at paper and have no problems hitting a 6” and 8” gong out to 500. It’s been an awesome rifle.