Factory 300 Win Mag without COAL issues

BigDawgWill44

Lil-Rokslider
Are there any factory rifles chambered in 300 win mag that don’t have magazine box limitations on COAL? I have a Tikka which is a good shooter but can only load to SAMMI length. I would like to get another rifle to push the cartridge to its potential, not sure if there are nice factory options or if I need to have a custom built. I like the new winchesters but can’t find if they have limitations too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rock-o

WKR
After seeing your post I became curious about my Sako A7 magazine. All I knew was that it was too short for my load. It measured 3.340". My load is ≈ 3.664" with a 212 grain bullet, so, of course, I single load.

Last edited:
I don’t think there are any factory rifles that are going to be long enough for the full potential of the 300win especially when loaded with 200-215gr bullets. Most are setup for a wyatts box or a detachable magazine and throated long with a custom reamer to maximize the 300win.
Rokslide Member Broz is who I would recommend you talk with.

My Legendary Arms Works 300 win mag has the mag box and throat to handle 215s properly. Think they’re 3.670 touching the lands with a 3.700 box.

452b264

Lil-Rokslider
The Christensen arms Ridge line/Mesa BDL
Bergara BDLs

Fierce BDL models
All of these have 3.7 magazine boxes or you need a custom action.

OdinIII

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve never hunted “long range” so I probably don’t know what I don’t know but since it’s hard to fit a truly long cartridge in any magazine, why is it not more common to just single load the one in the pipe and have a plan to use holds for the shorter round in the mag if needed after the kill shot. I know this isn’t ideal but I don’t see many problems with how it would function.