Factory ammo options for Tikka 7mag

I have a hunt coming up but it seems finding ammo (or reloading components) is going to be as hard as finding the critters themselves if you don’t shoot 6.8 Western, 458 Win or 50 BMG lol. I have a couple months but I’m getting anxious.

Factory 162 gr ELD-X in 7 mag shoots well in my gun but I haven’t found any lately and the clerks at the counters generally say it’s sporadic. I’m open to switching to a different load for the season if can get at least a couple boxes.

I realize that all guns shoot differently so there’s no guarantees any given one will group well in my gun, but what other loads do Tikka’s tend to like or really dislike? I’m hunting deer and don’t need to avoid lead, for reference

I have a hunt coming up but it seems finding ammo (or reloading components) is going to be as hard as finding the critters themselves if you don’t shoot 6.8 Western, 458 Win or 50 BMG lol. I have a couple months but I’m getting anxious.

Factory 162 gr ELD-X in 7 mag shoots well in my gun but I haven’t found any lately and the clerks at the counters generally say it’s sporadic. I’m open to switching to a different load for the season if can get at least a couple boxes.

I realize that all guns shoot differently so there’s no guarantees any given one will group well in my gun, but what other loads do Tikka’s tend to like or really dislike? I’m hunting deer and don’t need to avoid lead, for reference

Deerfield

Lil-Rokslider
Mine really likes the Federal Premium 160 Partition; a little better than the 162 ELDX. I haven’t seen any in stock yet (I’ve been looking) but it’s an option.

J Dubaya

FNG
Try federal Fusion ammo. Shot better then all the others out of my tikka 270. I literally tried 7 different factory loads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kurtiss00

FNG
My Sako A7 7mag loves 162 eld-x, so I feel your pain. I ended up paying way to much online for some.