Factory berger 215 300wm- discontinued??

Ive been shooting this stuff out of both my 300wm's for a couple years. Ive tried handloads but keep coming back as both rifles will put 3 shots in 1 hole if I do my job and average 2920. So I really just find it easier to order this stuff. Ive had a stock pile so havent looked for more. Starting to run out so have been keeping an eye out for more. Today I see it says discontinued by dealers and there website. This sucks!!!

OP
O
I'm pretty bummed. My rifles shoot them so well. I honestly cant or have anyone load a more accurate round. Only reason would be speed but I'm happy where I'm at. Every elk that has been shot hasnt taken a step. I was going to order up another 1000 or so just because of that. My girlfriend shot her bull last week at 850 (which I know isn't crazy) 2 shots with both entrance holes 1.25 inches apart. It will be huge for many. I emailed them to see what the real deal is

OP
O
Just got an email back. He confirmed they discontinued it... Reasoning is that someone in the company has made a new rule. All factory ammo loaded by them can only be loaded to the max COAL listed for that cartridge. 300wm being 3.340. I did get a little different info from broz that maybe they are changing to lapua brass and will be a different part #. Thus the change. I sure hope hes right

Last edited:

AirborneEScouter

Lil-Rokslider
That does suck if all this is true! Unless it's just swapping brass manufacturer. Have about 35 rounds left, going to have to keep that stuff sacred

You are correct, I just checked some boxes of mine from various lot numbers. All the 300wm is Norma, and all the 6.5cm is Lapua.