Facts and Reality on Border issues

Like most I am frustrated by social media, politics and news. So as someone "in the know" on pretty much everything Border, I'd like to take the opportunity to answer and debunk questions about Border issues. May be no interest, but I see very little truth in what I read in ANY media source and it's common for people to Parrott the misinformation, which is often very, very far off.

A few quick "facts"

In over 22 years of experience on both the Northern and Southern Border......never put a "kid" in a cage or detained anyone in the dog kennel type enclosure often shown on the news. I've not personally witnessed the miskeeping or housing of adults or children. EVER. Actually pretty well cared for. Some issues arise due to over crowding. We do NOT have an answer at the moment for that. If a station was designed and built to house/process 100 people and you are overrun with 300 it creates a situation that is Less than Ideal. Medical staff is generally present 24/7 now. The child that died in Border Patrol custody was taken to professional medical care TWICE and released. This is FACT. The other in custody death was an infant, who was born in the desert with no medical attention and brought across a few weeks after birth. Medical checks were conducted hourly (and documented), then after a few hours in custody the infants condition went "0-60" in an hour.

In my personal experience.....the majority of "illegals" in the US are NOT Visa Overstays. Visa Overstays are somewhat rare and generally NOT from Mexico. Often B1/B2 "pleasure" visa from Africa or Europe then never leave. Confident in my experience to say this is completely false.

Fact: There are vast sections of The Wall already in place. Miles and Miles of it. The infrastructure generally stops when adverse topography is met ie, does not go over the mountains. This post stems from the thread on the subject of Wildlife vs the Wall. Speaking from very recent personal experience, the wildlife in SW Arizona is fine. The desert bighorns can come and go as they please. The few deer can pretty easily swap sides. The Sonoran Antelope....probably not so much. Same for tortoises. But our side is much much cleaner and much more Conservation conscious. Only a guess, but I think the little critters stand much better chances on our side for survival/recovery than the other.

Walls be defeated? Of course. Know first hand of many many hundred that dug UNDER the wall and entered. But it DOES make the detection and apprehension much much more certain. And it does funnel traffic to areas that are much more easily "monitored" by many methods. Preventing the vehicle incursions carrying large loads of humans or narcotics is the real goal. And a wall would work for that.

Agents think the wall is needed? Can't speak for all, but generally they all want and support the wall and firmly believe it's needed

Personally a bit touchy of the bravado of internet warriors who tout "Dopers around every corner" and "You better be packin'" blah blah blah. Generally the same type of people who are Bear Defense experts who live in Des Moines, Iowa. If you're on a Coues deer hunt, could you run into a dope train? Of course. Illegals? Probable. But dopers with AKs are not around every corner. There was a kat in the other thread who had some pics from the mountain of S AZ. Trash, lay up spots, spotter LP/OPs. All real. The dopers are kinda advanced. They don't want caught. Have hide sights, great coms, spotters, smoker groups to through off detection, etc. But I would strongly suspect this is in a corridor of 50-150 miles of Arizona.

Current "Family Groups"- In a group of say 200 illegals. It's almost to the penny, 100 adults with 100 children. A One to One ratio. From personal experience and being close to the culture south of the border......having only one child is not common. It's pretty easy to see that this is a ploy for preferential treatment/processing or whatever conspiracy you may want to create. But they are completely taking advantage of the current Laws or situations. It is fact that many of these "Children" are "recycled".

I'll attempt to answer any questions you may have . Realize I will most likely take a beating. And I may not have all the answers. Dealing with Immigration Law (which most people know VERY little) can be muddy at best. If I can't take the heat I'll bail and delete.

jspradley

WKR
Anyone willing to admit "We don't have a good solution at the moment" is one worth listening to as far as I'm concerned.

Thanks for the logical and rational information. I personally don't think the wall is a better idea than it is a bad idea but there are certainly some legitimate arguments for it.

Tod osier

WKR
Like most I am frustrated by social media, politics and news. So as someone "in the know" on pretty much everything Border, I'd like to take the opportunity to answer and debunk questions about Border issues. May be no interest, but I see very little truth in what I read in ANY media source and it's common for people to Parrott the misinformation, which is often very, very far off.

A few quick "facts"

In over 22 years of experience on both the Northern and Southern Border......never put a "kid" in a cage or detained anyone in the dog kennel type enclosure often shown on the news. I've not personally witnessed the miskeeping or housing of adults or children. EVER. Actually pretty well cared for. Some issues arise due to over crowding. We do NOT have an answer at the moment for that. If a station was designed and built to house/process 100 people and you are overrun with 300 it creates a situation that is Less than Ideal. Medical staff is generally present 24/7 now. The child that died in Border Patrol custody was taken to professional medical care TWICE and released. This is FACT. The other in custody death was an infant, who was born in the desert with no medical attention and brought across a few weeks after birth. Medical checks were conducted hourly (and documented), then after a few hours in custody the infants condition went "0-60" in an hour.

In my personal experience.....the majority of "illegals" in the US are NOT Visa Overstays. Visa Overstays are somewhat rare and generally NOT from Mexico. Often B1/B2 "pleasure" visa from Africa or Europe then never leave. Confident in my experience to say this is completely false.

Fact: There are vast sections of The Wall already in place. Miles and Miles of it. The infrastructure generally stops when adverse topography is met ie, does not go over the mountains. This post stems from the thread on the subject of Wildlife vs the Wall. Speaking from very recent personal experience, the wildlife in SW Arizona is fine. The desert bighorns can come and go as they please. The few deer can pretty easily swap sides. The Sonoran Antelope....probably not so much. Same for tortoises. But our side is much much cleaner and much more Conservation conscious. Only a guess, but I think the little critters stand much better chances on our side for survival/recovery than the other.

Walls be defeated? Of course. Know first hand of many many hundred that dug UNDER the wall and entered. But it DOES make the detection and apprehension much much more certain. And it does funnel traffic to areas that are much more easily "monitored" by many methods. Preventing the vehicle incursions carrying large loads of humans or narcotics is the real goal. And a wall would work for that.

Agents think the wall is needed? Can't speak for all, but generally they all want and support the wall and firmly believe it's needed

Personally a bit touchy of the bravado of internet warriors who tout "Dopers around every corner" and "You better be packin'" blah blah blah. Generally the same type of people who are Bear Defense experts who live in Des Moines, Iowa. If you're on a Coues deer hunt, could you run into a dope train? Of course. Illegals? Probable. But dopers with AKs are not around every corner. There was a kat in the other thread who had some pics from the mountain of S AZ. Trash, lay up spots, spotter LP/OPs. All real. The dopers are kinda advanced. They don't want caught. Have hide sights, great coms, spotters, smoker groups to through off detection, etc. But I would strongly suspect this is in a corridor of 50-150 miles of Arizona.

Current "Family Groups"- In a group of say 200 illegals. It's almost to the penny, 100 adults with 100 children. A One to One ratio. From personal experience and being close to the culture south of the border......having only one child is not common. It's pretty easy to see that this is a ploy for preferential treatment/processing or whatever conspiracy you may want to create. But they are completely taking advantage of the current Laws or situations. It is fact that many of these "Children" are "recycled".

I'll attempt to answer any questions you may have . Realize I will most likely take a beating. And I may not have all the answers. Dealing with Immigration Law (which most people know VERY little) can be muddy at best. If I can't take the heat I'll bail and delete.

Thanks for sticking your neck out to share what you know to educate us and for your service at the border.

PNWGATOR

WKR
100% support you, your mission and all you and your peers do to keep our Nation safe. Thank you!

eamyrick

WKR
Jesse Jaymes thanks for seeing the need for some real numbers/first hand experience. I’m the OP on the wildlife/wall threat and see it as this 1) You support a wall because you oppose illegal immigration 2) You oppose illegal immigration but don’t like the expense or potential wildlife conflict (especially in Texas) and oppose a wall on those grounds. I’m fine with either position. Its frustrating when folks spout off about something they have no first hand experience with but heard a 30 sec new flash on. Folks like to make this about dope but disregard the fact that the wall will not stop dope coming in one lick, but simply divert the stream somewhere else. Every 2 year cop knows this is how enforcement works on a variety of issues from homelessness to burglary. Near my office in Texas the post office had to stop interdicting narcotics shipments because they quickly filled a warehouse sized space. Criminals will find a way. I absolutely think a solid wall will slow down illegal immigration and know that BP is doing there best with what resources they have. Meanwhile there are cities just North of the border that refuse to allow LE to enforce illegal immigration. This trend is going to change so I see an expensive wall as a plug in damn that is set to fail.

Thanks for your service and the post JJ. Keep up the good work and sorry that you guys get stuck in the middle of it all.

OP
J
Jesse Jaymes thanks for seeing the need for some real numbers/first hand experience. I’m the OP on the wildlife/wall threat and see it as this 1) You support a wall because you oppose illegal immigration 2) You oppose illegal immigration but don’t like the expense or potential wildlife conflict (especially in Texas) and oppose a wall on those grounds. I’m fine with either position. Its frustrating when folks spout off about something they have no first hand experience with but heard a 30 sec new flash on. Folks like to make this about dope but disregard the fact that the wall will not stop dope coming in one lick, but simply divert the stream somewhere else. Every 2 year cop knows this is how enforcement works on a variety of issues from homelessness to burglary. Near my office in Texas the post office had to stop interdicting narcotics shipments because they quickly filled a warehouse sized space. Criminals will find a way. I absolutely think a solid wall will slow down illegal immigration and know that BP is doing there best with what resources they have. Meanwhile there are cities just North of the border that refuse to allow LE to enforce illegal immigration. This trend is going to change so I see an expensive wall as a plug in damn that is set to fail.
Think I can say Yes I agree to all of your points. I'll hit a few things below

OP
J
This is opinion, not fact. Many people think they know their Rights. Unless you're schooled in Law or trained in the enforcement of it....many do NOT. Those guys who work on the Border have a set of laws and authority to do so, that are pretty specific and unique. Those authorities and ability to carryout the enforcement of the laws, as well as levels of suspicion needed to inquire, investigate and arrest, at times DO have linear mileage parameters.

OP
J
Two more "educational items" for now. DACA and Sanctuary Cites.

Sanctuary City is a huge buzz term that really most have no clue what it is. On the Street Level......a Sanctuary city is one in which the local elected Govt ie, city councils and mayors, refuse to honor detainers for illegals currently within their jail system. For instance.....a Fugitive Ops ICE officer may electronically search jail inmate rosters. This info is generally public. Google Inmate Roster for your closest jail....see what pops. These agents have access to immigration databases and can determine alienage on the inmates. They could be prior deports, have criminal convictions that make them now Deportable after being allow legal entry etc...

The ICE Fug Ops officer places a detainer, a Hold. Which basically says that after Alien X is finished with his state/local charges.....please notify ICE Fug Ops guys. We are aware of him and we want him next to present him for Immigration review.

These jails are forced to NOT notify the Fug Ops guy. And Alien X is released to public after sentencing.

Has no real geographic boundary of a "Safe" zone like a child's game of Tag and who's on base/safe. It's about the sharing of immigrations status and criminal charges from local agency to federal. And the honoring of the hold of Alien X.

DACA in a nutshell deals with children who were brought into the US at a young age by their parent. Think on the hip not in the teens. They didn't have a choice. They can apply for a Protected type of status. Authorized in 2 year increments. Kinda untouchable. IF....they have negative encounters with LEO....say DWI, Assault etc.....they can be presented to be Removed ie Deported.

Are you familiar with the area around Benson Az? East of Tucson. Im eying a lion hunt down there but am a bit leery.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
These jails are forced to NOT notify the Fug Ops guy. And Alien X is released to public after sentencing.

And therein lies part of the problem. When you have the left constantly incorrectly referring to illegal immigrants as "undocumented immigrants", their perception will never change. Calling them "undocumented immigrants" incorrectly implies that they are here legally.......they just haven't been documented. If for whatever reason I ever was a liberal......this one simple idiotic lack of logical thought in the process would force me to NOT be a liberal any longer. The only "undocumented immigrants" are the ones on the other side of the border that haven't yet crossed over the border. As soon as they cross over illegally........they become "illegal immigrants" which by definition makes them criminals and eligible for deportation.

But the entire left refuses to see these people as criminals, or that they have even done anything illegal. That's why they refuse to enforce the laws that we already have on the books.......picking and choosing which laws they want to enforce (or be enforced). That's a dereliction of duty. And then it doesn't help that our horrible immigration laws hinder law enforcement and ICE from doing what really needs to be done. But again.........the left has no desire or intention of ever fixing those laws.

I remember back in the late 80's early 90's while living in San Diego, seeing on the news quite frequently..........videos of 1000's of illegals storming the border crossings and just running through the ports of entry. The estimates back then were that over 2 million illegals were crossing over into the U.S. every year.

Last edited:

Okhotnik

WKR
I worked on the southern border for awhile

Thanks for taking the time educate others on here with the actual truth.

Thank you very much for what you and your co workers do.

It’s criminal that the Dems , especially the idiots AOC and Beto, are demonizing you
Stay safe

A few quick "facts"

OP
J
Many thanks for all the well wishes. Sincerely appreciate it.

Hard to not get wrapped around the axel on some issues and comments. Again, I can't get political. My 1st amendment Rights are not the same as yours.

But I did listen to AOC's last public address. And it was ONE WORD that spun everything the opposite direction to the uneducated. "He's (POTUS) ending TPS, he's ending DACA protection for dreamers, and doing so he's taking away the documented status of thousands, if not hundreds of thousands.....of AMERICANs"

These people in these classes, or any class of Immigrant or non Immigrant are not American's. They are foreign nationals seeking temporary or permanent legal status in the United States. Not until someone Naturalizes, do they become Americans.

OP
J
RE: Benson. I know the area. I can tell you dry land cat hunts are pretty tough. Lots of bootheel ranchers have hounds. Success is difficult.

I wouldn't NOT go from worry of what you'd encounter.

Elk97

WKR
Thanks for your service and for the unbiased information about a subject that almost everyone has an opinion on, but very few really know much about.