Fairbanks hotel recommendations for August

Indyal

Lil-Rokslider
Barring TEOTWAWKI, I will be sheep hunting this August. I will spend a night in Fairbanks coming and going. Any recommendations?

PA 5-0

WKR
I stayed at Pike's Waterfront Lodge coming and going. Incredible place, right on the river, best food I ever ate. Like a 100 mounts in the front desk area. Awesome place.

Stayed at Pikes Waterfront several times (and liked it) but we moved on to Sophie Station Suites just off Airport Rd. The rooms are HUGE and the place is very quiet. Every room is a suite with nice kitchenette and tv/sitting room. Loads of space to work on gear organizing. Full bar and restaurant there. Quick access to Fred Meyer or Safeway groceries. If you have any connection to a business you can ask for the corporate rate and save money.

Having stayed at Pikes, Best Western Chena Lodge, LaQuinta....Sophie Station Suites is the best I've ever found in Fairbanks.

Stayed at Pikes Waterfront several times (and liked it) but we moved on to Sophie Station Suites just off Airport Rd. The rooms are HUGE and the place is very quiet. Every room is a suite with nice kitchenette and tv/sitting room. Loads of space to work on gear organizing. Full bar and restaurant there. Quick access to Fred Meyer or Safeway groceries. If you have any connection to a business you can ask for the corporate rate and save money.

Having stayed at Pikes, Best Western Chena Lodge, LaQuinta....Sophie Station Suites is the best I've ever found in Fairbanks.
I'll have to check it out do they have a airport shuttle?? Trying to figure out the best way to get around and hopefully get my ram sealed if I am successful

I stayed at Pike's Waterfront Lodge coming and going. Incredible place, right on the river, best food I ever ate.

Either you ate there right after your hunt or you need to get out more! Pike’s is fine and they do have an airport shuttle. I’ve even had the shuttle take me to AK air cargo without any issues. I’ve had more poor experiences with hotels in Fairbanks than good (usually travel there last minute and have to take what I can get). Both Best Western Plus hotels, Pikes, and Sophie have all been safe bets.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I was also going to say pikes, it’s not far from the airport and there’s a good restaurant next door. Piles also has a good steam (not a real stream) but it’s good for relaxing.

One hotel thing that's a real hassle for hunters is elevators. I don't know how many times I've seen guys....including myself....fight to get a luggage cart through the elevator doors with all those duffels and things. At Sophie Station Suites we were on the ground floor both times and it was SO much easier.

Midnight Sun beer on tap upstairs!

VernAK

WKR
One hotel thing that's a real hassle for hunters is elevators. I don't know how many times I've seen guys....including myself....fight to get a luggage cart through the elevator doors with all those duffels and things. At Sophie Station Suites we were on the ground floor both times and it was SO much easier.

Midnight Sun beer on tap upstairs!

Sophie's being so handy to Fred Meyer's for shopping is a plus whereas Pike's is out of any shopping area.

LitenFast

WKR
Stayed at pikes a few times, breakfast buffet is great. Also good bell closet for leaving a bag or two while your away hunting if you plan on staying there on your way out as well.

Only issue is it’s a bit pricey and your just a bit too far from Fred Meyers etc to walk, I did it last year but that road gives you the feeling like your not supposed to walk along it, more of a freeway/highway. Uber is easy enough though and Pikes is a good safe bet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Based on recommendations I booked at Pikes. They offer a good military discount.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Murph1

Lil-Rokslider
I called Pike's after my hunt but they said they didn't have a freezer for my sheep meat. Something to consider