Fall archery bears anyone?

dtrkyman

WKR
Never really was too interested in hunting bears, but always thought I would like to do a spot and stalk if I did, not apposed to bushwhacking one but no interest in baited hunts.

Being that I seem to always run into bears I figure I should hunt them so I will stop seeing them, I walked up on a monster boar the other day so now my interest is really peaked!

I live in New Mexico so I would hunt here, seems I need to focus on acorns and water, anything else I need to consider?

Thanks

Artanis95

Lil-Rokslider
New podcast out by Remi Warren, cutting the distance episode 94 give it a listen if You can I just finished it yesterday nothing life changing but it's thorough.

OP
D

dtrkyman

WKR
Listen to him often...will definitely check it out...I heard him mention a few older ones as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Artanis95

Lil-Rokslider
It popped up in my news feed the other day I never listened to him before but I enjoyed it.

OP
D

dtrkyman

WKR
Mine only shows 88 episodes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Artanis95

Lil-Rokslider
I use spotify?

Attachments

• Capture+_2021-05-31-18-16-06.png
    Capture+_2021-05-31-18-16-06.png
    355.8 KB · Views: 22

Huntnnw

WKR
food is the key to fall success. You find the right food and you can see several bears working it. Up north its service, elder and huckleberries. Later in the fall apples,pears and plums.

OP
D

dtrkyman

WKR
I typically find them eating acorns off the oak brush here in New Mexico, typically not all the oak has nuts so it may concentrate them?

Not sure if there are any berries to focus on here? May need to call a biologist here and see what they have for input.

BBob

WKR
Prickly pear when ripe. They'll travel many many miles to feed on ripe pears. The'll gorge on them and act like they are stupid drunk making for easy stalks if you're lucky.

OP
D

dtrkyman

WKR
Every time I hunt where there are prickly pear they never have fruit!

Fall is all about finding what they are eating that very moment
Lots of times you will find multiple bears in a small area
Couldn't be more true. Also, in the southwest they will want water at a reasonable distance depending on topography. If you're in the right spot the bear sign will be there.