fall bear

dtrkyman

WKR
I have a spot I am looking at where there was a ton of sign and I saw a nice Cinnamon last year while deer hunting, 100 yards off a major highway!

Ton of acorns last year, none dropping yet but there are some acorns again but not quite like last year.

AndySee

FNG
Hoping to get a mountain bear this fall. Might be a family camping trip with the rifle

OP
roosiebull
Indecisive actions let a bear live last night… couldn’t decide if it was big enough, as it wasn’t a really big bear, it was just a bear, but I told myself I am not as particular this time of year… it was a solo bear and not a little one, it just wasn’t a big one either, haha.

it got later and I was able to talk myself out of it, and I think there was another one below me.

plan is, kill a limit of chinooks this morning and go kill that bear this evening

OP
roosiebull
Plans don’t always work out the way you think, haha. Jumped the bear on my way in, just bad luck, but I was only about 10yds when it went tearing off… dang it!

I think it was working out into the feeding area right at dark, heard something in the timber at last light but wouldn’t come out

gonna try again tomorrow evening, had to drive down south this morning but heading back north in the morning… not looking forward to the drive, but am looking forward to getting up to my little glassing point.

seeing more sign, I think that bear is bigger than I thought, it’s not huge, but it’s a respectable bear

Blacktailaddiction

Lil-Rokslider
Good luck Roosie, I got my Oregon bear yesterday, posted in the bear success thread. Sounds like the bear you are chasing is active in the evening? All the bears I have gotten on trail cameras have been active from 7 to 10 am only due to the heat. I’m guessing you’re hunting the coast where it’s cooler? Still learning how bears work so just curious. My boar came in at 7 am and started feeding on blackberries for reference.

OP
roosiebull
Good luck Roosie, I got my Oregon bear yesterday, posted in the bear success thread. Sounds like the bear you are chasing is active in the evening? All the bears I have gotten on trail cameras have been active from 7 to 10 am only due to the heat. I’m guessing you’re hunting the coast where it’s cooler? Still learning how bears work so just curious. My boar came in at 7 am and started feeding on blackberries for reference.
Thanks man, and great work!

I have just been hunting evenings because that’s when I have had/made time, the days I have been able to I have fished mornings and hunting evenings.

I am on the coast and temps have been pretty good for evening hunts, like 65-70 for daytime highs.

made it in this afternoon without bumping anything, so hopes are high, and if nothing happens tonight I may hunt the morning to change things up… in the past I have liked mornings for fall bear

congrats on the bear!

Blacktailaddiction

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks man, and great work!

I have just been hunting evenings because that’s when I have had/made time, the days I have been able to I have fished mornings and hunting evenings.

I am on the coast and temps have been pretty good for evening hunts, like 65-70 for daytime highs.

made it in this afternoon without bumping anything, so hopes are high, and if nothing happens tonight I may hunt the morning to change things up… in the past I have liked mornings for fall bear

congrats on the bear!

Okay awesome, where I shot mine, temps are hitting over 100 some days, and it doesn’t cool down until after dark which makes the bears more prone to be active in the mornings. Biologist told me how they are most active mornings and evenings but also throughout the day if they are hungry. Thanks!