Fall bear

Tpmahler1

FNG
I’m looking for any good info for fall spot and stalk black bear. I’ll be hunting montana and I’m just looking for tips. I don’t need any spots or help with that I have areas I have seen bears just haven’t hunted the fall season so I would like to know general areas they like to hang out for spring vs fall. Thanks

PablitoPescador

Lil-Rokslider
It's a really tough hunt in my experience. Usually the berries are pretty scant by September. I'd bring a predator call or two and maybe try that in areas where you're seeing sign.

Chambers4

FNG
I’m looking for any good info for fall spot and stalk black bear. I’ll be hunting montana and I’m just looking for tips. I don’t need any spots or help with that I have areas I have seen bears just haven’t hunted the fall season so I would like to know general areas they like to hang out for spring vs fall. Thanks
We found last fall when it was really dry that they moved into lower territory for chokecherries! We had really good luck on some school sections where it was really thick and lots of chokecherries. We were able to look over probably 10-15 different bears.

OP
T

Tpmahler1

FNG
We found last fall when it was really dry that they moved into lower territory for chokecherries! We had really good luck on some school sections where it was really thick and lots of chokecherries. We were able to look over probably 10-15 different bears.
I will have to look up choke cherries. Roughly what elevation were you at? Thanks for the info