Fall bears in Kentucky

cbiddle

Lil-Rokslider
So in Kentucky we have had a black bear season for a few years now. I was planning on going on my first bear hunt this fall in October but to be honest I don't know a whole lot about where and what they are up too that time of the year. Can anybody give me some pointers?

I've been wanting to do the same in the mountains of NC. Kinda wondering the same. No bait, competing with hounds, and limited visibility.

Bar

Banned
Bears in the fall are trying to fatten up for winter. They're out 20 hours a day eating. Try to find natural foods and stake it out. You can also try to call them in with fawn/predator calls.

vlad

Banned
Bears in the fall are trying to fatten up for winter. They're out 20 hours a day eating. Try to find natural foods and stake it out. You can also try to call them in with fawn/predator calls.

yes they hibernate during winter so they are stock piling their stomach by that time, so long yoyu live in a bear country and you are a good tracker, you should have much of a problem finding them.

Bar

Banned
I wouldn't say stockpiling their stomach, but putting on fat. It goes on for months.

Brodie

Lil-Rokslider
Can you bait in Kentucky?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk