Fall elk hunt cancellations !

vtmooser

FNG
Has anyone cancelled or have their outfitter cancell their hunt do to the draught or the forest fires for this fall September-October hunt.

160andup

Lil-Rokslider
Drought and fires seem to be the norm nowadays. I would have to imagine very few outfitters would do that unless they are directly impacted in a big way.

Some of my best hunts occurred in those conditions. Pushed the herds into tighter areas where there was water. Can't imagine an outfitter cancelling unless his lodge burnt down.

OP
V

vtmooser

FNG
My hunt was cancelled on a large ranch with a land owners tag . Could this be a local thing. The hunt is rebooked for next year same dates, Similar to cancelled covid hunts.

Some of my best hunts occurred in those conditions. Pushed the herds into tighter areas where there was water. Can't imagine an outfitter cancelling unless his lodge burnt down.
This holds true for lots of things. Hunter pressure. Flocks of sheep or grazing cattle. The elk have to be somewhere. If something is running them out of one area there will be even more elk somewhere else. If you’re going to hunt elk you have to learn to find positive things about everything.