Family cabin recommendation in Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge area

buckwalleye

Lil-Rokslider
I thought I'd throw this out to see if I could get any rokslider recommendations. I've been looking a lot at cabin rentals for a short family trip (4 days) in July. There's so many out there it's hard to sort what's what.

We have a 5 year old and a 1.5 year old. They would be happy spending the entire day splashing in a creek. We don't need any frills cabin. Wife did say she wants a shower. Would also like some privacy/wooded. Satellite images look like a lot of the cabin rental places the cabins are squeezed right next to each other. We don't have neighbors where we live, so I'd prefer to have the cabin be the same!

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Turkeyfreak12

Lil-Rokslider
I cant recommend a specific rental company but you should look towards the greenbriar area or wears valley area. There will be cabins that are private around these areas. We got a cabin down there and the construction of new cabins has been a pain since they build them on top of each other and it really takes away from the whole area. If you want some recommendations for the area let me know.

Carr5vols

WKR
What he said. Also be sure to jump over to Catalochee one day to see the elk and cades cove for the whietail. Be at both as early as possible to daylight. Around Pitman center yiu might also find a secluded cabin. They are there just have to find them.

slaton

Lil-Rokslider
My family and I stayed it this cabin last summer. It is an awesome place and looking forward to going back some day. It’s about 30 minutes to Pigeon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mlgc20

WKR
It sounds like you are on the right track staying away from neighbors. My family went to Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg last summer. We all stayed at the KOA in Pigeon Forge which is right in town. We brought our RV and we rented a couple of cabins. The cabins are new and nice. But, the town of Pigeon Forge is pretty miserable. Basically a bunch of chain restaurants and tacky t-shirt shops. Gatlinburg is pretty similar, but a little better. When you get outside of the two towns, it gets beautiful in a hurry. Plenty of great fishing and hiking. The drive from Gatlinburg out to Cherokee is fantastic. I would guess the closer to Cherokee the better chance of getting away from neighbors.

PS - That cabin slaton listed above looks awesome. I'd do that in a heartbeat.

Felix40

WKR
That area is so busy and touristy that I was really disappointed. I would make sure to be as far away from town as possible.

bobr1

WKR
We used to go there about every year for family vacations when I was younger. Highly recommend this company, the location is outside of town and is very quiet and very nice accommodations. We basically always stayed here as long as a cabin or chalet was available.
https://cobbly.com/

Dudeman

FNG
Cherokee area was our best cabin experience, even being further away. I wouldnt recommend using a Vacasa rental.

Myrtle Beach and Gatlinburg are bot 3ish hrs from house...I have friends that own places in both and let me stay for free...we still dont go...Cherokee/Maggie Valley is way better and trout fishing in tribal waters is a blast.

OP
B

buckwalleye

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for all the recommendations! I'm going to look into the areas yall mentioned. I found a place on airb&b that's about 15 minutes due east of Pigeon Forge, last cabin on a dead end road. Multiple reviews said "very secluded". Everyone has a different definition of what that means, so we shall see.

I've been doing a little digging on "family friendly" hikes in the smokeys. Looks like laurel falls and grotto falls we might check out. Maybe drive the cades cove loop and stop along the way a couple times. If theres any other trails or areas in the national park that yall recommend I'd love to hear about it. They'll probably be packed, but tis the season. I watched some videos on the pigeon forge/dollywood area, and I'm hoping to just stay clear of there. I think my son would love the aquarium, so maybe that'll be on the itinerary. On the way out of the smokeys I was thinking of stopping at clingmans dome. Looks kinda like a cool spot. We're going to visit my wife's brother in north Carolina for a couple days after the cabin, so I'd like to stop at clingmans dome as we head east.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Get to the trail heads early never enough parking...last time I took the family up to the dome it was a mile walk from where we parked to the where the trail starts. The NC elk heard usually isnt to far from the Oconaluftee Visitor Center. If traffic starts slowing down as you get to Mingus Mill on 441 they will probably be in the road or field just east of the road. Saw a nice 5pt and his cows last time we came thru. Good Luck!