Family Calender

William Hanson (live2hunt)

Super Moderator
Staff member
What mobile app do you guys use to coordinate hunting trips with the Mrs and kids events? Maybe stock phone calendars can work and I'm just not a millennial to understand these new fangled technologies.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

16Bore

WKR
I just started using google calendar. It sucks because once I saw how full it is, I realized that I’ll be hunting for hunting. 😞

jjh

FNG
Our family uses Google Calendar. Every family member has a different color assigned to them.

Jskaanland

Administrator
Staff member
Shared Google calendar's. As soon as I can I put every seaon I'm planning on hunting, then slim it back to the dates I've settled on.
It's really help avoid scheduling conflicts. We also use it for everything from early release days for our kids to close friend's and family birthdays.

The only downside I ran into, I put specific dates for my CO hunt this year(10 days). A month before my wife finally asked when I was going to cut it down to the actual dates not the season...

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
We use a big white board in the house with everything on it. But everyone already knows that September I'm unavailable regardless what else is on the board.

Tanya Avery

Administrator
Staff member
Ryan writes all of our hunts on a paper calendar which I keep on the fridge, and I put the dates on my phone google calendar that is shared with Ryan’s phone google calendar. I use an iPhone app called ‘awesomecal’ which works with google. You can add multiple email addresses (I created an email for each family member)that are their own ‘accounts’ and you can designate certain colors to each email. You can also invite people to events you create. I’m sure I made this sound way more extensive than it is, but it works for us.