Family camping Pagosa Springs??

j-bow

Lil-Rokslider
Looking for some recommendations....
Looking to spend a week the last week of June in the Pagosa area. We have a few families heading out. Looking to get away from the crowds as much as posssible. Would love to be near water and fishing. Close to some trailheads. Any hot spots that anyone would like to share would be greatly appreciated. Reservable sights would be ideal. Lots of the ones I am coming acrossed are booked already, I’m a little late on the planning, I realize.

OP
J

j-bow

Lil-Rokslider
I’m open to either. Developed might work out better, just for the reservation sake. I would like to have something locked in just to save time trying to find something when we get there. Also probably a better chance we could find a couple next to each other.

fmyth

WKR
East Fork Campground. Great fishing from camp and a short gravel road drive to Silver Falls. You can boondock right on the river starting about 5 miles from the camp ground if it is full.

Look into Williams Creek. We have stayed in this site and it’s pretty awesome.
248c311ebbc82c9e1f3c8e1e61d9f7e1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Orion1

FNG
I've heard of a place called Pagosa Pines, might try looking them up... i've heard good things about them

SeanC

FNG
We stayed off the east fork road kids played in the water and went on a few hikes. We really liked the area

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

corncob

WKR
Little late on this, but there's a lot of boondocking places off East Fork Road. Not a whole lot of reservable campgrounds at this point, I would imagine.

If you're looking to get away from the crowds, Platoro Reservoir is definitely an option, and if you're coming from South Fork there's quite a few meadows you can camp in on the hour drive in there. Big Meadows is up higher but closer to Hwy 160 and close to fishing (basically around a lake).