Family trip to the Bighorns, suggestions needed.

Wife and two adult girls are going mid summer. Looking for options and suggestions for unique activities or guides. Horseback riding? ATV'ing in the mountains? Flyfishing? Hiking we can do on our own. Mountain based activities or places we HAVE to visit.
Any places to stay in the area with in-house activities would be interested in. Probably a week long trip for the four of us.
Any and all ideas and suggestions are appreciated.

dakotaduner

Lil-Rokslider
For UTV trails and incredible riding. Look to the Burgess Junction area. Hotels and dining options very close to the trail head. I did not fish but saw a lot of families casting and fly fishing

Glassing animals! Send me a PM if you’d like a suggestion where to see hundreds of deer elk and antelope guaranteed. Won’t post it here otherwise it’ll be too crowded for you 🤣

303TrophyHusband

Lil-Rokslider
You can rent ATV's at a couple of the lodges near Burgess Junction, and then ride them all over those mountains, TONS of roads and trails. Pretty much every stream/lake up there holds at least brook trout. I grew up spending most of my summers up there, if you want anything specific feel free to DM me

Mt Al

WKR
If you have time for a drive and a day in Cody, strongly recommend the Cody Museum, or Buffalo Bill Center of the West, particularly the firearms part. Haven't been there in infinity years, but it was very memorable.

4rcgoat

WKR
If your on the east side check out tongue river canyon in Dayton,fishing is always good in there,great scenary. North fork of the tongue around Bear lodge is good fishing with lots of moose( and people!). Great hiking in the wilderness area up near woodchuck pass. Medicine wheel is worth a look with some short hikes to some nice waterfalls.

The Mint Bar in Sheridan. Very cool place to spend an evening. Wonderful large Charles Belden photos on the wall, and enough other photos and old newspaper clippings on the walls to keep one very entertained for hours (at least for me!). Also hiking or backpacking up into Cloud Peak Wilderness Area is wonderful. Once you get up top over treeline its dotted with lakes (most with brook or cuts) and granite. Sort of a minnie Yosemite without people.

jmez

WKR
Bearlodge Resort and Elk View lodge both at Burgess Junction area. Both rent ATV's. You just leave from the lodge. Roads and trails everywhere. Drive out of Sheridan and over mtns on 14 and see Shell Canyon.

Most all streams and ponds have trout in them. There is a outdoor store in Buffalo, don't recall name, they will tell you what patterns and or lures are working and where.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Most all streams and ponds have trout in them. There is a outdoor store in Buffalo, don't recall name, they will tell you what patterns and or lures are working and where.

The outdoor store in Buffalo is the Sports Lure.

ClearCreek

You a fan of history? The Fetterman Massacre happened in that country. Would be cool to spend an afternoon learning about that.