Fan bike workouts

Just picked up a minty older Airdyne for $20 at an estate sale for a house I’m listing. I’m a newbie to these but I know the CrossFit contingent on this board knows them well. How do I kill myself in short order on this thing?

marktole

WKR
1) 5 rounds
Every 2 minutes, 20 cals max effort

2) Tabata format :20 work, :10 rest, complete 8 rounds of that (4 mins total). Go hard during your :20 seconds and you’ll be done after the 4 minutes.

3) 15 minutes, maintain a constant pace that is CHALLENGING, but not so challenging you can’t hold it for the whole 15 minutes. Idea is to push the boundary between anaerobic and aerobic.
Rest 5 minutes
15 minutes, same as first 15 minutes.

4) 20 minute EMOM (can be a 30 minute EMOM if you’re really feeling froggy)
Even: 10 cals on bike
Odd: 10 burpees

The number of burpees and calories will need to be scaled to the individual on this workout. Burpees and calories should be pretty much max effort, shoot for a number of burpees and calories in the vicinity of taking :28-:35 seconds to complete. It will be on the lower end :)28) when you’re fresh, and may climb as high as :35-:40 by the end of the workout. The idea is to have a 1:1 work/rest ratio, although you might not maintain it perfectly throughout the whole thing. If you do 10 cals/10 burpees and make it the whole 30 minutes you are a man. This is one of the most mentally challenging things I have ever done. By minute 20 you’re in the pain cave big time. The will to hang on to do the last 10 minutes is a mother f****r.

Minute 0-1 calories
1-2 burpees
2-3 calories
3-4 burpees
So on and so forth....

If you have Instagram go give assault fitness a follow. They usually post some good workout that are centered around the assault bike (same thing as an air dyne.)

Good luck and enjoy your new piece of torture equipment.

Something that I do personally that I don't program for my athletes.
I put a fight on You Tube
I warm up through the introductions
Each round I pick up the pace as the round progresses and sprint as hard as I can for the last 30sec. I slow way down in the 1min rest period between rounds. I cool down during the judges announcement and the final interviews
Depending on how much work I want to put in is how I choose the fight.
Muay Thai and kickboxing is 3 or 5 3min rounds
MMA is 3 or 5 5min rounds
I find this way more interesting than just doing intervals

jmez

WKR
Assault Bike Love
10 rounds
30 s Sprint
2:30 rest

Quite possibly the worst thing I've ever done in my life

Death by assault bike
Use a running clock
Min 1 3 Cal's
Min 2 4 Cal's
Min 3 5 Cal's
Keep increasing by 1 cal until you can no longer finish in 1 min.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

OP
A
Thanks guys...its just sitting out there on the carport, taunting me. I might go try to whoop it.

- - - Updated - - -

I like this thing. Gonna be go-to during wet muddy weather. Did A 5 min warmup then the 30 sec all out/ 2:30 coast for several reps. Took a break then tried increasing from 3 calories every minute for 10 minutes. That one does suck.

Jmac603

Lil-Rokslider
Embrace the suck for sure. You will love to hate that thing. Or hate to love it...

Jason

IH8Cali

Lil-Rokslider
Start VERY slow, maybe 5 second sprints or so and work yourself up. I don't know how these people are doing 5 rounds of 30 second sprints or whatever; how much do you honestly have left by the latter rounds? I can get my heart rate sky high and ready to go again with 10 second sprints and about 45-50 second rest periods but i'm only doing 6 rounds. I try to get on and off the bike as quickly as possible, i love freaking hate that thing but love it some much.

Something that I do personally that I don't program for my athletes.
I put a fight on You Tube
I warm up through the introductions
Each round I pick up the pace as the round progresses and sprint as hard as I can for the last 30sec. I slow way down in the 1min rest period between rounds. I cool down during the judges announcement and the final interviews
Depending on how much work I want to put in is how I choose the fight.
Muay Thai and kickboxing is 3 or 5 3min rounds
MMA is 3 or 5 5min rounds
I find this way more interesting than just doing intervals
Wow what a genius, I am stealing this idea.

Edit- didn't see the date, don't care💪

STAGHOUND

FNG
When I do a work out on a fan bike I normally do 70 calories plus in 10 minutes and it cooks me(be aware I'm only 12 years old so I cant do as much as adults do).