Fanatic vest or hand muff

Looking for more warmth in tree.Use down jacket under stratus.Hands are the issue bow hunting.
Fanatic vest with hand warmer pocket or sitka hand muff?

PredatoronthePrairie

Lil-Rokslider
Switched over a muff a long time ago for goose hunting.

Can't imagine going back to anything else.

Allows the user to wear a light pair of wool gloves underneath for easy use of shotgun or bow. While proving max warmth with a hot hand inside. Also don't seem to have as many issues with moisture build up as one would think.

I know im a fan of having things built in. Like the face masks and the hand muff. One less thing to forget. I just finally got to test the fanatic jacket out yesterday, i really liked the hand muff built in

Trial153

WKR
The fanatic vest over the stratus is a killer combo in really cold temps.

That said the the muff is fantastic and can be paired up with anything.

RADunfee

Lil-Rokslider
I switched to the Sitka incinerator muff a couple years ago and I'll never go back.

oldillini

Lil-Rokslider
I have the fanatic jacket (sold my fanatic vest a couple years ago) and Sitka muff. Here a couple of my thoughts:

Fanatic Vest ... I sold mine because it just never used it. If like your puffy under the stratus, then adding the vest may heat your core more than you want, just to get your hands warm. If you are like me and my core gets too warm, I will partially unzip the jacket (or vest, in this case). I have found with the diagonal zipper of the fanatic, partially unzipping can let the built-in muff shift to one side. I then seem to "hunt" for the openings then. A little inconvenient. Adding the vest over a puffy and the Stratus will definitely add some bulk.

Sitka Muff ... As @Trial153 said, the muff can be paired with anything. If I am using my Fanatic jacket, I don't use the muff. If it gets really cold and I switch to my Incinerator, I will use the muff because it is much better than the Incinerator pockets. The muff easily can be shifted around your waist (unless you really tighten the strap on the muff) to make sure it doesn't interfere with a bow. Muff definitely costs less.

Trial153

WKR
The incinerator muff is pretty much a must have in your line up. Come the end of October and into November I have it with me whenever I am not wearing my fanatic jacket

DLIP

Lil-Rokslider
I have a cheap fleece hand muff that I throw a couple hand warmers in and it is amazing.

bat-cave

WKR
A good Muff is Key - IMHO. The Sitka one is good, though the one from First Lite is just as good IMHO, if you're not overly concerned with matching. I also like the one from FHF, which is pretty slick if you run their bino harness as it can attach to the bottom (I use it primarily for Spring Turkey vs WT though). Just another idea.

Looking for more warmth in tree.Use down jacket under stratus.Hands are the issue bow hunting.
Fanatic vest with hand warmer pocket or sitka hand muff?

I wear the fanatic vest on every hunt for this exact reason. Hand picket is crazy warm. I also keep my grunt tube and range finder in the chest pocket designed for them. Just grab it and go. I love that thing. Honestly think it helped me kill me buck last week with the grunt tube pocket. I grunted him right in and didnt have to move my hands fot anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fatlander

WKR
I like my fanatic vest so much that I sold my fanatic jacket. I just flat out wear the vest more.

OP
C
Vest was out so i bit the bullet and got the jacket.
Hopefully it fits,I ordered a large at 6ft 175.

cobbc03

Lil-Rokslider
You wont regret the jacket and the large will fit perfect with the puffy underneath. Just don't walk in the with jacket on, you may die.

Pvmick

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
Any excuse I can find I wear the fanatic vest. You can find it for under $200 and it’s worth every penny. Plus you can put coffee in the rangefinder pocket with a range finder lol.

I ended up giving my Sitka hand muff to my dad and using the first lite one this year when I’m not wearing the vest. It’s a little more streamlined.

d5d4e31994765eab26cadbac59a7289b.jpg

e3e54081416c5a9e01c78246d918c76e.jpg

Matt G.

WKR
i love the fanatic jacket. like others have said, i like it built in and one less thing to carry in. with it being built in, i think their may be some heat transfer. i always have a rechargable hand warmer.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk