Fanatic vest vs celsius midi

cobbc03

Lil-Rokslider
I am looking to order either the fanatic vest or Celsius midi jacket to go with my Stratus jacket and fanatic hoody. I like the fanatic material and the layout, but is the bulk worth it compared to the insulating/packability of the midi? I only plan on getting one this year, and the next next year.

For me the Celsius line was always tight in the armpits. I have the Fanatic, Fanatic hoody and the Stratus and gets me down to about 35 degrees. After that my arms get cold and then the rest of me gets cold. I bought the Fanatic jacket this year and will be testing it out tomorrow.

The Fanatic vest is my favorite whitetail clothing piece. It lays out perfectly. Over the Stratus vest and fanatic hoody, it gets me down to freezing temps.

I do keep a Celsius Midi in my pack. I would buy the vest first.

jdk99

FNG
Have had or have celsius/stratus/fanatic lines. A few points on loudness: Celsius line is absolutely silent if that's important to you. New Fanatic stuff is pretty quiet (not as quiet as Celsius but quieter than Stratus). Old Fanatic stuff (pre 2019 I believe) is pretty loud.