Fanatic vs Incinerator

OP
Paridgerunner

Paridgerunner

Lil-Rokslider
I just got the Finatic jacket and bibs.

What are y’all wearing on your head since it doesn’t have a hood?

How are y’all getting everything to the stand, there is no way you could walk for any length in these, so do you strap them to your pack? It gets pretty big and bulky pretty fast.

If you live in CO, go over to 1shotgear as they have everything and you can try them all on. FWIW, I wear a medium in everything from FL. When it comes to Sitka I go with a large in jackets and a Medium in Bottoms. I can wear a puffy under my Incinerator (Large), but luckily haven't need to as of yet!
How tall r u n weight, if I'm not gonna wear a puffy should I go M or tall medium im 6 and 173 in PA no shops near me.

fwafwow

WKR
Classified Approved
Incinerator bibs and Fanatic jacket for me
I do the exact opposite. My logic was that I get much more cold in my torso than my legs. They were worth the money. I still wear a few layers underneath both, and only wear the these when I’m hunting somewhere *really* cold - Nebraska in late Oct/early Nov. Never in the SE - so far.

fwafwow

WKR
Classified Approved
What are y’all wearing on your head since it doesn’t have a hood?

How are y’all getting everything to the stand, there is no way you could walk for any length in these, so do you strap them to your pack? It gets pretty big and bulky pretty fast.
Sitka Fanatic WS Beanie, but just as important (for me) as the hat is the Sitka Neck Gaiter. I also like the Incinerator Muff with a couple of hand warmers, which lets me wear very thin fingerless gloves.

How tall r u n weight, if I'm not gonna wear a puffy should I go M or tall medium im 6 and 173 in PA no shops near me.

Just wore my medium jacket with a t shirt on. Again, 5’6” and 150. I also wear it with a KUIU puffy. I can’t see how someone your size would fit a medium but who knows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Paridgerunner

Paridgerunner

Lil-Rokslider
Just wore my medium jacket with a t shirt on. Again, 5’6” and 150. I also wear it with a KUIU puffy. I can’t see how someone your size would fit a medium but who knows.

Got the L in the Incinerator, bibs n jckt. They r both a little bigger in the stomach area than I wanted but my gf says she doesn't think a M would fit my shoulders. Incinerator is a performance fit n the Fanatic is a standard fit n a M may fit so goin to store i found to try on several items.

cobbc03

Lil-Rokslider
Man awesome review, really appreciate it. As u can c from my post below I paid for Incinerator set but need to decide sz for it to ship Monday. Cold feet yes lol. Bought the warmest muck boots last yr feet still froze. Thinking of trying the electric insoles. What sz r u and what sz did u buy in Fanatic n Incinerator and what r u wearing as base. Oh. I got the set for a grand is that decent? Thnx man.
Get rid of the Muck boots. I got a steal of a deal on the artic pros last year, last time I buy ever own muck boots. If you want rubber, go with the Alphaburlys, they are so much better quality, and warmth.

OP
Paridgerunner

Paridgerunner

Lil-Rokslider
Get rid of the Muck boots. I got a steal of a deal on the artic pros last year, last time I buy ever own muck boots. If you want rubber, go with the Alphaburlys, they are so much better quality, and warmth.
I was gonna pic up a pr of the Alphas. Pissed about the Muck boot, think my cabelas 800grm rubber boot is just as warm. What u wear to treestand hunt?

cobbc03

Lil-Rokslider
I was gonna pic up a pr of the Alphas. Pissed about the Muck boot, think my cabelas 800grm rubber boot is just as warm. What u wear to treestand hunt?

I wear danner vitals now, for the most part. I have alphaburlys for early season that are uninsulated. The reason I switched to a regular boot for colder weather is the breathability. My feet sweat terribly so the rubber boots aren’t great for that. I will get alphaburlys for walking in the snow for next year though, that’s the one thing I miss.

BenHankins

Lil-Rokslider
I think I would get the incinerator. I’ve got the previous model fanatic and I don’t really care for it bow hunting. I always seem to catch the string of my bow on the sleeve if I’m not careful. It is an awesome jacket, not warm enough for a stand alone in my opinion when hunting the north, sitting for 8-12 hours a day in November. I also find it pretty noisy compared to regular fleece faced fabric. The deal on the warmth is you really need to wear the jacket with bibs and something to trap the warmth around the neck area to really utilize all the warmth it provides. The collar on the jacket is really large, so is the waist area and lets a lot of heat escape and wind get in, basically cancelling out a lot of the jackets warmth. Needs to be a little longer for people that don’t wear bibs. I’m not sure if it’s like this where you are from but the first part of November tends to always have some wet weather days (cold drizzly). I think Sitka really made some much needed improvements on the jacket for this latest model so it may be fantastic. I think the perfect set up would be to have the incinerator and the stratus jackets. You can layer a puffy under the stratus and makes it pretty darn comfy. Also, if you really don’t pack in very far just use the cheaper camo stuff. You can buy the heavier coats that are just as warm/warmer for a LOT less. My dad still uses camo coveralls and he’s killed a lot of big bucks with the bow. No need to spend a lot on camo like I did unless you want to :).

Voyageur

WKR
Own, use, and like both.
For me nothing beats the Fanatic for bow hunting whitetails from a tree stand. The Incinerator has become my rifle hunting clothing for both deer and predators. I've never heard anyone else say this, but in my opinion I stay warmer in my Fanatic coat and bibs than I do in the Incinerator. I've always figured it's because the Fanatic set breathes better. Both are very well designed sets of clothing.
Size-wise I wear a large in everything from Sitka......except for my Fanatic bibs. I had to go XL on them.

OP
Paridgerunner

Paridgerunner

Lil-Rokslider
I think I would get the incinerator. I’ve got the previous model fanatic and I don’t really care for it bow hunting. I always seem to catch the string of my bow on the sleeve if I’m not careful. It is an awesome jacket, not warm enough for a stand alone in my opinion when hunting the north, sitting for 8-12 hours a day in November. I also find it pretty noisy compared to regular fleece faced fabric. The deal on the warmth is you really need to wear the jacket with bibs and something to trap the warmth around the neck area to really utilize all the warmth it provides. The collar on the jacket is really large, so is the waist area and lets a lot of heat escape and wind get in, basically cancelling out a lot of the jackets warmth. Needs to be a little longer for people that don’t wear bibs. I’m not sure if it’s like this where you are from but the first part of November tends to always have some wet weather days (cold drizzly). I think Sitka really made some much needed improvements on the jacket for this latest model so it may be fantastic. I think the perfect set up would be to have the incinerator and the stratus jackets. You can layer a puffy under the stratus and makes it pretty darn comfy. Also, if you really don’t pack in very far just use the cheaper camo stuff. You can buy the heavier coats that are just as warm/warmer for a LOT less. My dad still uses camo coveralls and he’s killed a lot of big bucks with the bow. No need to spend a lot on camo like I did unless you want to :).

Picked up the Incinerator jckt n bibs and ordered fanatic jckt and stratus pants for now.

tracker12

WKR
Same results for me. I have a 20 YO pair of Mucks that kept me warm. New ones not so much

Diesel

WKR
One item I found to be a HUGE help in keeping warm inside is the neck gaiter. I never leave for the hunt without it no matter what I think the temps and wind will be. Those times when the jacket and bottoms you went with that day are not enough, the one thing that will really boost your warmth is that gaiter. It is light and takes up no room so it is a no brainer.

The other is a fleece lined beanie. I got the blizzard as it was all that I could find in ground forest. Turned out to be a great piece and I can hear good with it. Never liked hoods for hearing restriction and bulk around my neck.

I am still looking for an Incinerator jacket in ground forest and I will be set.

OP
Paridgerunner

Paridgerunner

Lil-Rokslider
One item I found to be a HUGE help in keeping warm inside is the neck gaiter. I never leave for the hunt without it no matter what I think the temps and wind will be. Those times when the jacket and bottoms you went with that day are not enough, the one thing that will really boost your warmth is that gaiter. It is light and takes up no room so it is a no brainer.

The other is a fleece lined beanie. I got the blizzard as it was all that I could find in ground forest. Turned out to be a great piece and I can hear good with it. Never liked hoods for hearing restriction and bulk around my neck.

I am still looking for an Incinerator jacket in ground forest and I will be set.
Me also, can't live wo