Fanatic vs Incinerator

Paridgerunner

Lil-Rokslider
Thought I was gonna buy a fanatic but we r getting a lot of rain on cold days here in PA. After reading reviews on the Incinerator I think its the way to go. Anyone shootin deer 20yrds n under wearing this gear, some say material is a little loud although quiet for a waterproof jckt. Some also prefer the performance fit for archery and easier to pack in vs fanatic. Thanks

Mmmm. I hunt PA and New York and upped my stand hear game last year. Almost everyone I spoke to said the incenerator was too warm for most PA / NY temps except the coldest days. The fanatic was by far more popular with a lot of guys lending the fanatic with stratus gear.

I live in PA... I wear my Incinerator once the temps drop unless it is dead calm then I wear the Fanatic. Typically I just wear a thin baselayers under either one until it gets real cold in rifle season.

Medusa7MM

WKR
I use both pieces, when it gets cold out I use the incinerator. I really had a hard time spending that kind of money on the bibs and jacket. Without a doubt, money well spent it works.

Brendan

WKR
Fanatic is the best jacket I've ever used for hunting in a treestand, when it isn't raining. Would never use it from the ground (maybe a blind) and it's not waterproof. Incinerator will be warmer and drier for more extreme weather, but the hand muff of the fanatic is money...

Trial153

WKR
How did you end up at this combo.
Had all four peices, didnt care for the fanatic bibs, little too bulky and didnt like the cargo pockets. The incinerator bibs weren't as tall, and had less bulk around by the boot area. Little more stream line.
The fanatic jacket is no brainer for whittail tree stand hunting, cant find a better lay out.

OP
Paridgerunner

Paridgerunner

Lil-Rokslider
I live in PA... I wear my Incinerator once the temps drop unless it is dead calm then I wear the Fanatic. Typically I just wear a thin baselayers under either one until it gets real cold in rifle season.
Exactly what I'm gonna do, gonna order the FL Furnace base and then jacket and probably bibs. 6' 173 since single layer under I'm thinking maybe a M? Want as snug as It can b4 hindering motion.

Exactly what I'm gonna do, gonna order the FL Furnace base and then jacket and probably bibs. 6' 173 since single layer under I'm thinking maybe a M? Want as snug as It can b4 hindering motion.

I am 5’6 and 150 lbs and wear a medium.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Incinerator bobs and fanatic jacket. They aren’t hipster tight but they aren’t loose either. They are comfortable on me so I would say they would be somewhat tight if that’s what you’re going for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bat-cave

WKR
I used both this past week in KS. Temps were at best 20's and down to ~11 deg and winds of up to 30 MPH. Overall, bloody unpleasant for ~14 hours in the stand! I also used a FL Sanctuary System.

I do tend to be on the cold side as an upfront warning!

My Feedback on the 3 systems:

I like the Fanatic design the best. I like the Kangaroo Pocket / Range Finder pocket setup etc ... Very well thought out and I also like that it lacks a hood! A detachable hood would be nice, but i'm OK without it as I end up with too darn many layers of hood from under garments + jacket. I also like being able to tuck the collar down inside the jacket on my draw hand side to ensure that nothing interferes with my bow anchor. I love how quiet the Fanatic material is! Downsides to the Fanatic (IMHO), I think it's best down to ~25 deg or so. Beyond that and it was more than just my extremities feeling chilled. You really need a good insulating layer underneath the Fanatic jacket as I found that by itself it was not as warm as I would have hoped given the bulkiness ... and yes it is a bit bulky IMHO.

The Incinerator is flat our warmer than the Fanatic without question. I could easily handle ~20 deg temps + strong wind without requiring a puffy underneath (unlike the Fanatic). Once it do down into the teens, I did add a lighter puffy underneath. It's not as quiet due to the lack of the Berber finish, but it was not an issue even when the wind was non exists and the woods were dead quiet. Less forgiving than the Fanatic noise wise, but not a real issue IMHO. Solid pocket design, albeit not quite as nifty as the Fanatic.

The FL Sanctuary is comparable to the Incinerator generally speaking. The jacket is a touch longer, the pocket design needs work (Again, my view). The hand slash pockets on the jacket have a cuff to keep cold air out, but the lining isn't attached so anything other than a slick/slippery light glove results in the liner wanting to come out with your hand. The pocket design also makes it touch to even find a bloody hand warmer inside as they can get caught up in the material / draw cords. There is also very little material / insulation on the exterior of the pocket. Meaning that when your hands are stuffed in their attempting to desperately keep fingers warm ... you'd better have something else between your hand and the outside of the jacket as the wind can make it through. NOTE: I was using a pair of FL Glassing Mitts (Lightweight down mitten (which are awesome!)) and wearing a FL Merino liner as I always like having a liner in between me and my bow/release. This combo worked pretty well, but slotting hands back into the mitten or a heaver gloves stuffed into the pockets was still non trivial for me. I did find that I needed the puffy under the Sanctuary jacket a bit sooner than the incinerator, but both are very good and IMHO both the Sanctuary and Incinerator feel less bulky than the Fanatic even though they are designed for colder weather.

IMHO ... DO NOT try and walk in wearing the jackets for any of the above unless your goal is to start sweaty and get cold! Wear something lighter and unzip the bibs a bit to allow for ventilation on the way in. I know some folks don't wear the bibs on the way in either and I understand why. My take is that carrying both the Jacket & Bibs to these systems + wearing in your other layers is a ton of crap to lug in and I compromised by wearing the bibs. I'm also looking to spend as little time as possible at the base of the tree and the thought of removing boots to put on bibs is less than desirable. Yes, it's true that the Bibs all can be put on w/o removing your boots, but I prefer my pant leg to be inside the boot (Lacrosse Alpha Burly Pro), which then means it's easier to step into the boot while wearing them.

I did struggle with cold hands, but like I said I'm a wimp in the cold. The Sanctuary system wasn't ideal for this, but adding the Sitka muff did the trick. With the Fanatic / Incinerator I see the Muff as a nice to have and not a must have.

I also big time struggled with cold toes. Wearing 1600 gr boots and tried various combos of a merino liner + Heavy FL Merino socks. My orthotics were part of my issue (due to a tendon injury from Elk season) as the top cover would absorb any sweat and then proceed to permeate my socks ... which leads to cold. I am considering if I should wear my pants over the boots as perhaps I am overheating ... just postulating to see what others have found.

My Summary ... I like all 3 systems. If I had to choose just one it would be the Incinerator.

My .02

Mrcrosno

FNG
I just got the Finatic jacket and bibs.

What are y’all wearing on your head since it doesn’t have a hood?

How are y’all getting everything to the stand, there is no way you could walk for any length in these, so do you strap them to your pack? It gets pretty big and bulky pretty fast.

Kotaman

WKR
I just got the Finatic jacket and bibs.

What are y’all wearing on your head since it doesn’t have a hood?

How are y’all getting everything to the stand, there is no way you could walk for any length in these, so do you strap them to your pack? It gets pretty big and bulky pretty fast.
I wear the Fanatic Hoodie under my Fanatic for the hood. I wear the bibs and Fanatic Hoodie and carry/strap the jacket on my pack to the stand.

OP
Paridgerunner

Paridgerunner

Lil-Rokslider
I have to pick sz already paid for Incinerator set. If I just wear for archery w one base layer I may want a M, not sure. And if I use for spot and stalk rifle I would want a L perhaps to sit w puffy under it. Getting a Fanatic just jckt wonder if I can do M in that also? Wearing M in my FL base layers. Incinerator bibs also, if one base for archery would I go M or L. Im 6 173-175 Called sitka many times to no avail, on hold everytime and no call back when messaged left.

OP
Paridgerunner

Paridgerunner

Lil-Rokslider
I used both this past week in KS. Temps were at best 20's and down to ~11 deg and winds of up to 30 MPH. Overall, bloody unpleasant for ~14 hours in the stand! I also used a FL Sanctuary System.

I do tend to be on the cold side as an upfront warning!

My Feedback on the 3 systems:

I like the Fanatic design the best. I like the Kangaroo Pocket / Range Finder pocket setup etc ... Very well thought out and I also like that it lacks a hood! A detachable hood would be nice, but i'm OK without it as I end up with too darn many layers of hood from under garments + jacket. I also like being able to tuck the collar down inside the jacket on my draw hand side to ensure that nothing interferes with my bow anchor. I love how quiet the Fanatic material is! Downsides to the Fanatic (IMHO), I think it's best down to ~25 deg or so. Beyond that and it was more than just my extremities feeling chilled. You really need a good insulating layer underneath the Fanatic jacket as I found that by itself it was not as warm as I would have hoped given the bulkiness ... and yes it is a bit bulky IMHO.

The Incinerator is flat our warmer than the Fanatic without question. I could easily handle ~20 deg temps + strong wind without requiring a puffy underneath (unlike the Fanatic). Once it do down into the teens, I did add a lighter puffy underneath. It's not as quiet due to the lack of the Berber finish, but it was not an issue even when the wind was non exists and the woods were dead quiet. Less forgiving than the Fanatic noise wise, but not a real issue IMHO. Solid pocket design, albeit not quite as nifty as the Fanatic.

The FL Sanctuary is comparable to the Incinerator generally speaking. The jacket is a touch longer, the pocket design needs work (Again, my view). The hand slash pockets on the jacket have a cuff to keep cold air out, but the lining isn't attached so anything other than a slick/slippery light glove results in the liner wanting to come out with your hand. The pocket design also makes it touch to even find a bloody hand warmer inside as they can get caught up in the material / draw cords. There is also very little material / insulation on the exterior of the pocket. Meaning that when your hands are stuffed in their attempting to desperately keep fingers warm ... you'd better have something else between your hand and the outside of the jacket as the wind can make it through. NOTE: I was using a pair of FL Glassing Mitts (Lightweight down mitten (which are awesome!)) and wearing a FL Merino liner as I always like having a liner in between me and my bow/release. This combo worked pretty well, but slotting hands back into the mitten or a heaver gloves stuffed into the pockets was still non trivial for me. I did find that I needed the puffy under the Sanctuary jacket a bit sooner than the incinerator, but both are very good and IMHO both the Sanctuary and Incinerator feel less bulky than the Fanatic even though they are designed for colder weather.

IMHO ... DO NOT try and walk in wearing the jackets for any of the above unless your goal is to start sweaty and get cold! Wear something lighter and unzip the bibs a bit to allow for ventilation on the way in. I know some folks don't wear the bibs on the way in either and I understand why. My take is that carrying both the Jacket & Bibs to these systems + wearing in your other layers is a ton of crap to lug in and I compromised by wearing the bibs. I'm also looking to spend as little time as possible at the base of the tree and the thought of removing boots to put on bibs is less than desirable. Yes, it's true that the Bibs all can be put on w/o removing your boots, but I prefer my pant leg to be inside the boot (Lacrosse Alpha Burly Pro), which then means it's easier to step into the boot while wearing them.

I did struggle with cold hands, but like I said I'm a wimp in the cold. The Sanctuary system wasn't ideal for this, but adding the Sitka muff did the trick. With the Fanatic / Incinerator I see the Muff as a nice to have and not a must have.

I also big time struggled with cold toes. Wearing 1600 gr boots and tried various combos of a merino liner + Heavy FL Merino socks. My orthotics were part of my issue (due to a tendon injury from Elk season) as the top cover would absorb any sweat and then proceed to permeate my socks ... which leads to cold. I am considering if I should wear my pants over the boots as perhaps I am overheating ... just postulating to see what others have found.

My Summary ... I like all 3 systems. If I had to choose just one it would be the Incinerator.

My .02
Man awesome review, really appreciate it. As u can c from my post below I paid for Incinerator set but need to decide sz for it to ship Monday. Cold feet yes lol. Bought the warmest muck boots last yr feet still froze. Thinking of trying the electric insoles. What sz r u and what sz did u buy in Fanatic n Incinerator and what r u wearing as base. Oh. I got the set for a grand is that decent? Thnx man.

bat-cave

WKR
I have to pick sz already paid for Incinerator set. If I just wear for archery w one base layer I may want a M, not sure. And if I use for spot and stalk rifle I would want a L perhaps to sit w puffy under it. Getting a Fanatic just jckt wonder if I can do M in that also? Wearing M in my FL base layers. Incinerator bibs also, if one base for archery would I go M or L. Im 6 173-175 Called sitka many times to no avail, on hold everytime and no call back when messaged left.
If you live in CO, go over to 1shotgear as they have everything and you can try them all on. FWIW, I wear a medium in everything from FL. When it comes to Sitka I go with a large in jackets and a Medium in Bottoms. I can wear a puffy under my Incinerator (Large), but luckily haven't need to as of yet!