Farewell to David Long

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Hey everyone,
we know there's been some questions about David missing from Rokslide staff and the Forums.

We were trying to get everything in order before we announced, but seems it's time.

Sadly, our friend David had other commitments that were keeping him from participating at the level he desired. As we all know, David is a go-getter and when he can't give it his best, he's not one to go half-way. He decided it would be best to hand the controls over to the existing staff and in the last few weeks, we've assumed the wheel.

We were really bummed to see David have to step back but understand completely. We support his decision and respect him even more for making this difficult decision.

If it weren't for David's vision and hard work, Rokslide wouldn't exist. I think I speak for all staff and members when I say that he will be greatly missed.

We wish him all the best can't wait to see him on the mountain.

God bless David Long.

Hardstalk

WKR
Bummer for sure. Still if david reads this I think I speak for all when I say dont be a stranger. Also does anyone know who he is writing for? I Always like to read his articles.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Aron and I spent a lot of time with David building this site. Sad to see him go, but I wish him all the best!

JP7

Lil-Rokslider
Bummer, David will be missed. I wish him the best of luck in his future endeavors, and like most people have stated I hope he will occasionally stop in.

OBP

WKR
Good luck David. I'm re-reading public land mulies again right now, hope to see some more projects from you soon.

Ironman

Lil-Rokslider
As long as he will do a live hunt or two per season!

I think everyone on here that attempts to do a live hunt, should do a better job of it. Rules said, if you don't reply within a certain time, it ain't real? Just observing.

Shrek

WKR
Good luck David. I too wish you will take us along on a hunt or two in the future. I'm thankful for everyone who shares their hunts live. I understand that sometimes you may forget to post or find yourself out of service and am thankful that you will catch us up when you can. It's not like you get paid the big bucks to post on time and take only high def pics and all. I would hate to think some would not bother to try to take us alone because they worry about the rules. I hope to go with everyone , slow posts or not.

7mag.

WKR
Sorry to see you go, David. You will be missed. I always enjoy what you have to say, and look forward to learning from your wisdom. Good luck in what ever you choose to do, and I hope to read more of your writings soon.

NDHunter

Lil-Rokslider
That sucks to hear but like others have said, when he has the time, I hope that he still posts stuff on here once in a while. I have learned a ton from him as I know others have too.