Farm to feet?

Planning to order some socks for a archery elk hunt this upcoming September, I get a good discount on the farm to feet socks. Looking hard at the Damascus and ely. Any opinions on these?
Thanks in advance

fmyth

WKR
I bought a couple pair of FtF socks at the local Sportmans. Tore both pair. I emailed them about the warranty and they let me pick two pair from their website and sent them no questions asked. I chose the Ely mid cushion and like them a lot for all weather hiking sock.

Lots of people are fans of the damascus and ely. I tried both of them and personally did not like them because I didnt like the extra padding under just my heel and ball - felt like the sock was bunched up, but it was just personal preference.

I have several other farm to feet socks (madison, ansonville, etc) and love them.

I was looking at the same thing and tried a couple of the FL socks and really like them. I am prone to very sweaty feet and blisters but so far so good

Chanimal

FNG
I tried farm to feet Damascus, I didn't like them much. They spun on my feet when hiking in the steep stuff, bunching up and causing hot spots. I still wear them to work, but won't wear them hiking. Lot of people seem to like them though. I will stick with darn tough and smart wool.

I have the Damascus in mid and light weight, plus a few other of their socks and i really like them. I dont have any issues and i actually think they're my new favorite brand. Be sure to check out the size guide, they size different than darn tough which is what i always have worn, might help avoid the rolling/bunching up the guys above me had but idk. I wear barefoot style boots with no cushion at all so the cushioned sock is perfect for me

Trial153

WKR
Ely are my favorite hunting sock by far I have both the lightweight and the medium weight

OP
Mdfowlman2
Ely are my favorite hunting sock by far I have both the lightweight and the medium weight
Do you recommend the lightweight or mid weight for September? Difficult not being able to ha due them prior to ordering

Do you recommend the lightweight or mid weight for September? Difficult not being able to ha due them prior to ordering
I have the ely and i like them as well. I think the weight thing is gonna be personal preference. If you get a discount why not just get both?

Trial153

WKR

There is quite a bit difference in the weight between them . I would buy both of you can. Honestly i use them both and switch out often

SMOKYMTN

WKR
I love my F2F socks! They're American made just right down the road in Mt. Airy (Andy Griffith's hometown).

Story aside, I wear lightweight all year long unless I am dredging through snow. My feet are prone to sweating A LOT, no matter the time of year, and even in the dead of winter, my feet will get colder if I overdress in heavier socks which cause more perspiration and take longer to wick away, than it does when I wear thinner socks thus keeping my feet dryer.

Another great wool sock option that I wear because they are made locally here in the mountains of NC, are Mast General Store socks. Made in the USA, great quality, great price, and they do buy 3 get 1 free with plenty to select from. Check 'em out:

AlexK

Lil-Rokslider
I wore 3 different brands of socks this past sept. the farm to feet came out on top for me. I even liked them better than the darn toughs.

Damascus is probably my favorite out of all. gonna be buying more.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

OP
Mdfowlman2
So I ordered a pair of the ely and the Damascus, they should be here Monday, whichever ones I prefer I plan to order a few more pairs

KevinMartinez1

Lil-Rokslider
I have a few pairs of ftf and i love them. Haven’t had any complaints

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Titan_Bow

WKR
I have had Farm to Feet, Smartwool, and Darn Toughs. Farm to Feet are the only ones that have torn or wore holes in, all were bought roughly the same timeframe and all have had similar use.

I really like Farm to Feet. I have a drawer full of darn tough, F to F, First lite, smart wool, and others and use is split about 50/50 between farm to feet and darn tough. I like the damascus and the Ely,

I have distgustingly sweaty feet. The demascus is the only sock that hasn't given me bunching up from flipping or blisters from wet sock sliding on my feet

Savage99

WKR
Reviving this to ask if anyone has tried the kodiak heavyweights? I’m looking at these and the kenetrek glaciers.