Farting off in my Toyota Tacoma and it died ?

OP
O

Opah

WKR
Ya that would be the case, Moving on, any know much about the Go pro, how long the battery last, how much memory is on the one memory card they give you.
really would like to get the Hog inflation on video, if it all goes the way I see it after Inflating the Hog I will hang it and with a couple slits drop that skin down over its head, open it up and gut sack and all in the wheel barrel in a nice neat package.
What do you think the Max PSI on a 200/250 hog would be ? 30 maybe 45 ?

Last edited:
What year Toyota?
The oil pressure lamp will not shut off the truck unless it is 2016 or newer.
Do they shut it down? I could see limp mode, 2000rpm max, or similar. Blinking engine light for critical error. Just an remediate shut down would seem like a bit of a safety concern.

Azone

WKR
Give me a break I know most of us have put a foot in it just to feel it again, getting in some donuts in the field that looked like it could use a plowing.
As for it getting to 100 not an issue, V6 and it has never had issue keeping up with the traffic heading out to Vegas or Barstow.
I think it has a low oil pressure sensor that shuts it down at first sign of low pressure, the oil slushed over in the oil pan enough to allow the pump to such air for a second.
Figure Ill Change the oil and filter, run at Idle for a bit and give her a go around the block and see.
That traffic going down the 15 to Vegas is no joke. We were going with the flow of traffic on the way to CO a few weeks ago and we were going 100 at one point and getting passed like we were grandmas on the way to church. It’s insane how big of a hurry people get into to go lose their money.

What year Toyota?

Do they shut it down? I could see limp mode, 2000rpm max, or similar. Blinking engine light for critical error. Just an remediate shut down would seem like a bit of a safety concern.
Yes.
Several complaints on Tacoma would of guys turning around on fire roads when they back of the edge the truck dies.
4th gen 2016 newer

OP
O

Opah

WKR
Well the plan is to top off the oil, start it, Idle it, and park it in the drive way till I get home from hunting. That is a pretty solid Plan I think

Last edited:
I wouldn't just top it off. Oil change and checking the filter. As far as it just dieing did the check engine light come on? If so pull the code. If not a bad maf sensor/harness may have shut the truck off. Like turning the key to the park/acc position. My 99 3.4l v6 did that to me last month and it was the maf wire harness/plug. If you lost all dash lights you may have something as simple as a loose battery terminal. Also no seafoam.

FLATHEAD

WKR
This thread is why I avoid freeways if possible.
Anybody starts "pushing me" the foot comes off the gas.

Broomd

WKR
Wouldnt be too far fetched to think that if you were low on oil, it probably couldnt maintain enough pressure at 100 MPH. Computer probably read this and shut it down before your engine became a block of welded metal. I am far from a mechanic though.
I've been driving Toyotas (and awhile ago, Nissan) all of my life and frankly I don't know of any of the older ones having a 'computer' that would read low oil pressure and shut down an engine.

I'm anxious to read how this little taco fared, hopefully not too badly.

Ya that would be the case, Moving on, any know much about the Go pro, how long the battery last, how much memory is on the one memory card they give you.
really would like to get the Hog inflation on video, if it all goes the way I see it after Inflating the Hog I will hang it and with a couple slits drop that skin down over its head, open it up and gut sack and all in the wheel barrel in a nice neat package.
What do you think the Max PSI on a 200/250 hog would be ? 30 maybe 45 ?

10 psi before its coming out the bullet hole.

OP
O

Opah

WKR
That is right, might have to plug that hole, If it is a head shot it shouldn't matter,
But a heart and lungs is going to leave a big exit. Guess ill figure that one out at the time.
Man I am ready to Go I all ready got every thing that dose not need to be frozen and is not a fire arm in my Yukon and everything else on the movie room couch.
Hope those Casper hogs come back, perfectly round heads that look like Casper, smooth black no hair and about 250 lbs. it was a group of young males, now their hides I might stretch out and tan, or make some gloves or snake Gatters.

Check the rubber bands? Send it too the junk heap and go buy a real truck FORD F250 Super duty.

KurtR

WKR
Topping it off with oil and letting it buck. In the words of my uncle and brother who are both mechanics is the kind of plan that keeps them in business.