Farts

rclouse79

WKR
My wife got scheduled to work on the one weekend I said I really wanted to hunt. My mom is coming down with a cold and can’t watch my kids this weekend. I just cancelled the personal day I had scheduled for Monday and think I will buy a bottle of whiskey on the way home from work.

Take the kids. They will love it. You won't consider it hunting, but they will. I've been taking mine 'hunting' since they were 2 (4 and 5 now) and they talk about going all year long. Mostly, they just like to drink hot chocolate in the woods.

I was at the local rifle range this past weekend getting some practice in. The Range Safety Officer (RSO), as this one typically does, started making some comments to me about how I was dressed (boots on, bino harness, gloves). I believe in practicing like you play so I often get comments about dressing up too much for the range.

Regardless, I comment to the RSO that he always picks on me because I'm the young guy and that makes it too easy for him. Him and an older gentleman next to him laugh and say the RSOs pick on the old guys too. They mention that there's actually an old guy day at the range, which is apparently on Thurdays. They call it the "old fart day" he says. So I asked him "you require eye and ear protection every day of the week, so do you require nose protection on Thursdays?"

They got a good kick out of it anyhow.

Take the kids. They will love it. You won't consider it hunting, but they will. I've been taking mine 'hunting' since they were 2 (4 and 5 now) and they talk about going all year long. Mostly, they just like to drink hot chocolate in the woods.

Some of my fondest/memorable hunting experiences, were with my Dad.... at 47! I thought he bad hunter, why he never killed anything! Miss him dearly.
#MakeADifference

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
rclouse79

rclouse79

WKR
This thread isn't as entertaining as I expected.

View attachment 216578

Thought it would be about Mountain House or something.
I had to do the bait and switch and come up with a title that would cause people to click on it so they could listen to me whine. I felt like naming the post something stronger, but am currently in teacher cussing mode.

OP
rclouse79

rclouse79

WKR
On a happier note, it just started to rain. Hopefully it puts some fires out and knocks the smoke out of the air.

GPATTI

WKR
My wife got scheduled to work on the one weekend I said I really wanted to hunt. My mom is coming down with a cold and can’t watch my kids this weekend. I just cancelled the personal day I had scheduled for Monday and think I will buy a bottle of whiskey on the way home from work.

That sucks man. Very sorry for you. But, I like the way you think on the bottle of whiskey! 🥃 Cheers buddy!

OP
rclouse79

rclouse79

WKR
Decided to use self pity to upgrade my standard Evan Williams to my first bottle of Buffalo Trace. Pretty good. I was interested to try it after all the votes it got on the bourbon thread. I just raised my glass to all you guys chasing elk this weekend. Good luck!70F3FF90-C9E0-4DFA-B319-A9EC01B58F9E.jpeg

OP
rclouse79

rclouse79

WKR
Ya, decided against taking the kids this time. My daughter is three. Although she does do a pretty mean bugle through my tube with her vocal cords.

you should be taking them anyway. for a few years you will sacrifice the amount of time in the woods but the time you are with them will be more valuable. Frankly i hate hearing people make excuses to not take their kids or to bitch about it. take them now, when they are older and love hunting and are far more able to contribute to the hunt you will be glad you did.

Decided to use self pity to upgrade my standard Evan Williams to my first bottle of Buffalo Trace. Pretty good. I was interested to try it after all the votes it got on the bourbon thread. I just raised my glass to all you guys chasing elk this weekend. Good luck!View attachment 216637

That's funny.

Having some buffalo trace now.

Can't tell if it's that or the burgers off the grill but the farts are increasing in potency.