Fast Eddie setup help

Jqlarson

FNG
I just bought a 2 pin fast Eddie sight for my V3. (Not the XL). I plan to bring my sight to the shop to get leveled. My understanding is that the sight has 2nd and 3rd axis adjust only, and that 1st axis comes set with the way the sight is machined (hard mount to the riser is where this is achieved right?). While adjusting my sight head left and right to line up with string/arrow roughly, the head was able to also move in a rotation that I thought would be first axis, is it not?

Hard to explain what I am asking- but basically will the head rotating forward or back and not being 100% level be a 1st axis issue??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zac

WKR
Yeah that happens, you just need to level the bow then use a straight hand level on the scope housing from the side.

Marble

WKR
It has all 3 axis.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

First axis is spinning the scope on the rod. That's where you angle it up slightly so you look straight thru it. I believe this is the question you are chasing, no it doesn't matter. Set it where you need to look thru it correctly.

2nd axis on that sight are the two bolts that mount the scope base to the slider. They have a bunch of positions they can go, one bolt has set screws on both sides to allow you to level up that bar where it mounts to the slider. This is how you will get the bubble level to start with.

3rd axis is the mount for the scope rod. It has two bolts going towards the bow from the front. You tighten and loosen them to pivot that mount.

This is an edit to fix what I first said. I was thinking of the 3rd axis adjustment on the hogg-it fixed sights.

Last edited: