Fat Guy Weekly Weigh In.

This weekend was rough. I indulged way too much. I was at 225 before my shower after the gym on Saturday, but by Sunday evening I was around 230.
I was hoping a big poo would save my week, but no luck...
I'm hesitant to worry about the day to day or hour to hour weight trend, as I know that quart of water in the morning is 2 lb. and a sweat soaked shirt can be over a pound.
My daddy didn't raise a quitter so even though I know its empty calories I'm not going to quit drinking. BUT I'm trying to manage it. For those of you that did quit drinking... salute.
I didn't weigh myself at they gym this morning, I'm weak I know it, and I didn't want to see the number. I'll do cardio tomorrow morning and check back in.
Thanks all for the accountability

Don’t sweat weight fluctuations. I still have to fight the urge to worry about what the scale says. I go by how my pants fit and my energy level. If I pay more attention to those things, the number on the scale magically goes down.

And, yes, cutting back the beverages is tough but small changes will add up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This weekend was rough. I indulged way too much. I was at 225 before my shower after the gym on Saturday, but by Sunday evening I was around 230.
I was hoping a big poo would save my week, but no luck...
I'm hesitant to worry about the day to day or hour to hour weight trend, as I know that quart of water in the morning is 2 lb. and a sweat soaked shirt can be over a pound.
My daddy didn't raise a quitter so even though I know its empty calories I'm not going to quit drinking. BUT I'm trying to manage it. For those of you that did quit drinking... salute.
I didn't weigh myself at they gym this morning, I'm weak I know it, and I didn't want to see the number. I'll do cardio tomorrow morning and check back in.
Thanks all for the accountability
Am I understanding that you weigh in after drinking water and in sweaty clothes? Probably at random times of the day to? I suggest, for your own peace of mind, getting some consistency into your weighin routine. I know that I can vary as much as 5lbs thru the day because of all the things you mentioned, making it impossible to get a firm handle on an actual weight if I wasn’t consistent in my routine. How about weighing in 1st thing in the morning, naked, therefore knowing exactly what you lost or gained.

fatlander

WKR
Sitting right at 170, eating a lot more liberal than I was on the whole 30. Crushing distance runs once again. I don’t know how the keto guys can run at distance. I need a ton of carbs and sugars from the not so healthy places to feel good. I was getting it done but felt like I was getting hit by a truck after each run.

Am I understanding that you weigh in after drinking water and in sweaty clothes? Probably at random times of the day to? I suggest, for your own peace of mind, getting some consistency into your weighin routine. I know that I can vary as much as 5lbs thru the day because of all the things you mentioned, making it impossible to get a firm handle on an actual weight if I wasn’t consistent in my routine. How about weighing in 1st thing in the morning, naked, therefore knowing exactly what you lost or gained.
I've tried it every which way, that's why I'm not so focused on the actual number. I usually drink my entire nalgene in the morning before my work-out, sometimes two. If I lift I don't sweat nearly as much. If I weigh naked...
Nobody wants to see that.
I want to see the trend, and a consistent number

I was curious so I weighed in after I got back from the archery range with my pack, bow, boots and all. It was the first time I’d put weight on my back since last deer season.

294, but I felt good and barely broke a sweat. I shot all 28 targets which is probably close to two miles with up and down.

Still at 225 before the shower though. Just good to know the working out is helping where it’s supposed to. Now to transfer that 25# from my belly to my pack.

Start 240.6
Today 220.0
This week -1.0

Survived Easter and a trip down to Yankee Stadium with a modest 1lb loss. Another big test coming up. Road trip to San Fransisco for a family reunion of sorts including 3 Yankee road games out there. Seems like there’s a test each week. I either need to shelter myself or get tougher.

granite7

Lil-Rokslider
Start 240.6
Today 220.0
This week -1.0

Survived Easter and a trip down to Yankee Stadium with a modest 1lb loss. Another big test coming up. Road trip to San Fransisco for a family reunion of sorts including 3 Yankee road games out there. Seems like there’s a test each week. I either need to shelter myself or get tougher.

Good work, keep it up! I have the same battles with food and you are ahead of me in weight loss. It helps to keep reminding myself that I feel better and hunt better when I’m at a healthy weight. Keeping that longer term goal in mind helps sometimes.

For me, 10 lbs in the first month.
3/24 240.6
4/1 239.1
4/6 235.5
4/8 236.7
4/15 234.2
4/22 230.5

Dropped 3.7 early this week, then my body hit the brakes. I’m really looking forward to hitting the 22x range next!

strand

Lil-Rokslider
3/4 - 242
4/1 - 230
4/8 - 229
4/15 - 227
4/22 - 227.8

Had a good week in the gym but I couldn't stay away from the banana cream pie after a big family dinner yesterday. I'll have to work that much harder this week to regain the ground lost. On a positive note, my 36" Kuiu Attack pants that I didn't need a belt with during the fall season were falling off while turkey hunting this weekend. It was annoying as all get out until I walked back to the pickup to get my belt, but feels good to know the inches are coming off.

Week 1 Started @ 206.5
Week 2 204
Week 3 202.4
Week 4 200
Week 5 199.2
Start of week 6 199.2

Hit my first plateau this week, I only made it to the gym twice last week and it shows. I'm going to work on being more consistent with going this week. Goal is 185 by August.

efnm

WKR
Week 1 208
Week 2 209
Week 3-5: unknown but ate crap, drank too much with visiting family, and didn't exercise that much
Week 6: 205 after dropping sugars 6 days ago, getting back on the trail, and limiting alcohol to 2 glasses of wine/week.

I don't have that much weight to lose to hit my goal of 195, but if I can do 2 lbs a month it would be perfect.

3/7 - 231
3/11 - 229
3/18 - 231 (sick)
3/25 - 228
4/2 - 226
4/9 - 226
4/15 - 224.4 (sick)
4/22 - 226.4

+2. Ate too much this weekend. Damn Maggianos.

After being off sugar, I could definitely tell how shitty it made me feel after dessert yesterday. It gave me a headache and my joints felt swollen. Going forward, I'm going to keep sugar to a minimum.

I have my work cut out for me this week to get back on track.

granite7

Lil-Rokslider
After being off sugar, I could definitely tell how shitty it made me feel after dessert yesterday. It gave me a headache and my joints felt swollen. Going forward, I'm going to keep sugar to a minimum.

It is amazing the effect sugar has on the body. Eating that sugar bomb makes me feel awful too. Even a small amount of sugar has a very real impact on my weight loss. Speaking of which, I really need to get myself back to black coffee.