Fat Guy Weekly Weigh In.

Virginian

Lil-Rokslider
240 last Wednesday 239.6 today......no change but the double cheeseburger, two hotdogs, and large fry I had for dinner didn't help. I have to reign in my eating. It's getting pathetic 😔

Wrench

WKR
Any of you feel like u have a heavy weight that u can maintain? So I can maintain 235lb no problem.....although I feel much better if I am 210 or less....but keeping myself at 210 is a lot more work
I was 230 for years. I was strong and could outlast my muscle head friends after several hours or days.

After gaining weight and losing weight, I'd shoot for a reasonable weight you can maintain and can walk uphill without effort. I'd lose 10-15 pounds per week hunting which is OK for me at 20% body fat but if I were 10% or less it'd be dangerous. Your gonna have to eat a ton or have some chub.

Personally, at my current weight I can carry my wife as fast as I used to carry my own ass.

ChrisAU

WKR
Last week: 218.2
This week: 215.9 (despite making some poor dietary choices Saturday night).

Fasted 16 hours today. Feel pretty good.

Care to elaborate on the fasting? What times of day (or more importantly, in relation to your sleep schedule), do you eat?

ChrisS

WKR
Care to elaborate on the fasting? What times of day (or more importantly, in relation to your sleep schedule), do you eat?
In conjunction with keto. Eat a nice meal by 6pm and then that's it except for water and black coffee/tea til 12 or 1 pm the next day. Keto lends itself well to intermittent fasting because in a state of ketosis, the body is converting fat to energy and you don't have drops in blood sugar triggering hunger. I still get hungry, but eating is more of nice idea than a overwhelming urge. I usually do it once or twice a week. I can't do it on days I run, but on off days or light mobility workouts, I'll make a decision when I get home from the gym as to whether I want to fast or not. I haven't tried longer ones, but some people say the magic happens after 16 hours.

I still get hungry, but eating is more of nice idea than a overwhelming urge.

This comment is exactly what its like. Sometimes I have to remember to eat lunch.

I've been doing intermittent fasting coupled with keto for a little over two weeks. The first few days were rough but its not too bad now. I eat dinner around 6 and nothing but coffee and water until around 1. I have been doing as much exercise as possible in a fasted state and it has been fine. My daily schedule really controls when I can get to the gym.

I have done both (IF and Keto) in the past but I'm trying a little different approach to keto this time. I'm focusing more on getting fat and protein from whole foods as much as possible. No MCT, no powders, no cramming cream cheese in my face. Just lots of avocados, a little hard salame, and adding a bit of EVOO to my meals.

Sorry slinger

Lil-Rokslider
I will play. 5’10”. Started at 234. Been working hard since Christmas and am now at 210. Would like to hit 200 but I’ve been stuck at 210 for a little under a month.

I'll join for some accountability. I'm 5'11"
Current weight 206.5
Goal by archery season: 185
going to be focusing on lots of legs and cardio.

Azone

WKR
Definitely need some motivation so I will jump in I suppose. 6' 4" 295 ......😔😫😢 but I swear it's a nimble, athletic 295😁. Goal is to be 230 by the time I go back to Idaho in November. Ive cut massive amounts of weight before so it's time to do it again. My weight has always fluctuated from down to 230 to all the way up to my current girth. The last time I packed an elk out I was at 280ish....never ever doing that again. Mental toughness can only carry a man so far before your body flips you the bird and tells you NO MORE!

eamyrick

WKR
3/8 211.0
3/23 202.6

Very strict no bread, chips, tortillas, dessert. I also document everything I eat in my phone which is easy because most of my meals are meat and veggies. Moderate exercise. Goal is sub 200 before I take over my new shift at work. I’ve been feeling much better. Also gave up artificial sweetener which I’ve read can wreck your metabolism the same way as sugar.

Trying to lose weight really helps with a great diet and a quality workout! I am 201 and I am lean. I try to not to worry about weight but worry about my strength: mentally and physically. Be sure to train both! Remember that you never know what will be on the other side of that ridge!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check in day!

Starting weight 208
Today: 205.6

Working out this week caused me to gain .6lbs from last week. Or maybe it was cheat day Saturday, you never can tell really...

That’s great. I’ve noticed 2-2 1/2 lbs is about all I can shed a week after the initial few days.
Thanks. I see you’re doing great and also really close to a milestone weight. Not that I need more encouragement, but the fact that I missed the 220’s this morning just focuses me that much more. Lots of great weight loss by lots of members on this thread.
Off to the gym.