Fat Guy Weekly Weigh In.

Northpark

WKR
Ok since I’m starting in this right now I’ll join in with this.

Started in March at 195lbs. I’m 5’9 and shooting for 165lbs by this time next year.

Got macros dialed in 160g protein, 140g carbs, 15g fat per day. Total 1500 cal per day. Running 5-6 miles 3 days per week. Ruck hiking two days per week, plus weights.

*zap*

WKR
Ok since I’m starting in this right now I’ll join in with this.

Started in March at 195lbs. I’m 5’9 and shooting for 165lbs by this time next year.

Got macros dialed in 160g protein, 140g carbs, 15g fat per day. Total 1500 cal per day. Running 5-6 miles 3 days per week. Ruck hiking two days per week, plus weights.

That is not much calories for what you say you are doing.....

Northpark

WKR
That is not much calories for what you say you are doing.....

This is from a dietitian. It’s due to the amount of protein. It’s certainly aggressive. Honestly I’m having a hard time physically eating enough volume to get enough calories. I have to say consult a registered dietitian before starting on something like this. I have an extremely slow metabolism doing this is only resulting in about 5-6 lbs lost per month for me. Weigh in weight today was 183lb.

Last edited:

*zap*

WKR
You might eat some natural nut butter every day.....almond or peanut.

I am not a dietician but I think if your pushing your body you need a good amount of monounsaturated fats for recovery....I guess it could depend on what your weighted hikes and strength training looks like...and if you eating processed foods or natural foods but that's not very much calories.....

Just an opinion, not trying to criticize.

Northpark

WKR
You might eat some natural nut butter every day.....almond or peanut.

I am not a dietician but I think if your pushing your body you need a good amount of monounsaturated fats for recovery....I guess it could depend on what your weighted hikes
and strength training looks like...and if you eating processed foods or natural foods but that's not very much calories.....

Just an opinion, not trying to criticize.

Probably not a bad idea. Aside from a couple protein shakes which are only making up about 220 calories most of what I’m eating is game meat and my carbs are coming from quinoa, brown rice, steel cut oats and sweet potatoes. So a pretty unprocessed diet. Might have to add a little almond butter to the diet.

While long the runs aren’t hard core runs just a light jog to get my heart rate up to about 130-140 weights is mostly light stuff with lots of reps as I’m trying to add strength without bulk and ruck hikes are 4-6 miles with 40lbs on gently rolling roads. So nothing really strenuous.

I’ll join the crowd for some accountability.

I’m 6’ and 215lbs. Goal is 195 by August. I was 235 in February.

My goal is due to backpacking for elk this fall. First time in over a decade. Last CO elk hunt I weighed 194. In 2008.

daemon

FNG
Joining. I'm 5' 9" and currently at 217, down from a peak of 224 pounds. My goal is 200 by 30 JUN. I'm changing my diet and have begun my pack training. I'm at 35 pounds of weight for 1.5 miles, 4 times per week. Going bigger and more often is tempting, but I've got to protect my knees and start slowly. Good luck everyone!

@Northpark

I am a dietitian and would strongly encourage you to reach out to the dietitian you initially consulted with.

Will the program you outlined at 1500kcal work? Sure. Is there a better approach? Absolutely.

For beginners, there is an absolute minimum amount of fat a person should have per day to avoid essential fatty acid deficiency. And 15g/day is FAR too low to achieve this.

Second, fat is responsible for hormone and nutrient transport. Eating too few fat grams prevent these normal process from happening as they’re intended. Then net result for the guy on 15g fat per day is (as you’d expect) poor nutrient transport/lack of absorption and poor hormone transport with subsequent suppressed levels in the blood.

I’d love to talk more with you about it if you’d like. No cost. I think we could give you far better macros to accomplish your goals that leave you with FAR more energy than this plan will. This will work for a bit, but will eventually lead to a premature plateau.

No offense intended here. Just wanting to help.

Teaman1

WKR
I want in, diet hasn’t been crazy good but I’ve been doing some tough workouts and weight is slowly dropping. 5’ 8” and 216 today, 190-195 would be starting to be fairly lean so that’s what I’m trying for before September. I hope you all meet your goals 😊

tjennings3

Lil-Rokslider
This offered just the touch of accountability that helped last year - was maintaining pretty well until the gym closed.
Slid back about 10lbs but getting back at it starting today.

March 2019 - 275
October 2019 - 220

March 2020 ~225
May 4th - 233.8

Goal for this year is to get down around 205 in time for first season CO rifle.

Ctitus25

Lil-Rokslider
Figured I'll join in on this. I'm 5'9" and 220lbs. I'd like to get back to 200lbs. I put all that weight on last year due to losing my job and having way too much sad free time on my hands. But I'm back on the saddle and ready to ride!

I’m new here and thought this looked fun, after almost dying in the mountain last here at 5ft 9in 250lb I was ready for a change, today I’m down to 200Lbs and counting, I feel great and can’t wait to hit the hills. Good luck with all your goals fellas and happy Memorial Day

LLB

Lil-Rokslider
We'll I'll throw myself in here. Last 1st rifle elk in CO I weighed 323#s. My hunting buddies had a talk with me and after seeing some pics of me I decided I had to do something. One of the guys runs marathons and made himself my coach. Now I'm 236#s at 31 weeks and still losing a steady 2#s a week. My goal is 180 which I weighed when I got out of the Army in '92. I have a DIY hunt planned for next year in CO so I have a goal to look forward to.

Good luck to everybody out there, it can be done. Look at all the other things you have accomplished in your life, you just have to focus.

tjennings3

Lil-Rokslider
Heck of a job LLB. Very impressive.
Down to pre COVID numbers this week.
223.4 this morning, looking for 200-205 by October.

Wapiti23

FNG
6’ at 34 yrs old and as of April 1 I was 257! (Heaviest I have ever been) Today is April 31 and I am down to 228. Occasional cardio, drinking lots of water. Portions are cut WAY low when I do eat. Added a juicing cleanse to my diet. Down 29 pounds in 30 days. Hoping to drop another 2 pounds by tomorrow morning to wrap up my month. My goal for July 1 is 200 pounds. I’ve stepped up my work outs a bit and have some hiking with a weighted pack of about 45# to start and then I have some climbs with the pack at the local ski resort scheduled for the middle of the month till July. Tearing the body down a bit to build it back up for fall. Weights and such will all be implemented in July.

LLB

Lil-Rokslider
Fat guy check-in.
Start weight 10/19/19 323 lbs
Current weight 5/31/20 234 lbs
Goal weight 180 lbs

Down 2 lbs from last week. Feeling good, I actually did a little jogging with my walk on Saturday. A little muscle soreness but no joint pain. So far, so good.

LLB

Lil-Rokslider
I also want to thank the OP for putting this thread up. It provides a little more accountability for me.