Fat Guy's

ChrisAU

WKR
Was 247 lbs when I got married on Feb 24 2018. In June I decided I wanted to go elk hunting, fast forward to Oct 2018 and we left on my first hunt and I was 213. Was 208 when we got back a week later, but then as deer season came in here in Alabama and the mountains seemed so far away and the holiday meals poured on we got a little lax with the gym routines and I probably let too many beers and sodas back into my diet, so here I am back around 212-215, also been battling PF in my left foot for a couple weeks. Going to doc next week, the home remedies aren't cutting it. However, I'm about to clamp down on the diet and alcohol intake, as well as get more religious about the gym again and I think I'm going to get a vertical climber to do a workout every evening at home as well.

It's definitely tough. The last 2 months have been tougher. Only a couple of pounds up, but super aware of it. The abdominal mesh and permanent sutures but in before Thanksgiving tell me when I am a few pounds heavy. I'm glad they do and hope they never stop. I know that I can't rely on that and eventually they won't tell me.

I travel a lot for work which is a blessing and a curse.

Keep up the good work everyone. If you fall off, get back on.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

noexcuses

FNG
checking back in a 5 weeks later, down to about 187#, 35" waist and 43" chest. Lost 8#, 1 inch on waist and 2" on chest in last 5 weeks. using the bowflex max trainer on max level (16) on the max (interval) program 2x a day and one of those times is with my pack on that is now weighing 17#. I also included pushups (50 without pack and around 30 with) both sessions. Going to keep upping pack weight as I go. Just started doing burpees, god they kick my ash lol. I need to start some hiking on trails with my pack to shake it up and change of routine. Still want to get down to around 175# and then start back into weight training with my other routines. Everyone keep up the good work, think fit and lean..

*zap*

WKR
checking back in a 5 weeks later, down to about 187#, 35" waist and 43" chest. Lost 8#, 1 inch on waist and 2" on chest in last 5 weeks. using the bowflex max trainer on max level (16) on the max (interval) program 2x a day and one of those times is with my pack on that is now weighing 17#. I also included pushups (50 without pack and around 30 with) both sessions. Going to keep upping pack weight as I go. Just started doing burpees, god they kick my ash lol. I need to start some hiking on trails with my pack to shake it up and change of routine. Still want to get down to around 175# and then start back into weight training with my other routines. Everyone keep up the good work, think fit and lean..

Awesome!

(y)

Thats a high level on trainer. I'm in the 8-10 range 3-4 days per week plus 2 runs per week and other stuff.

Keep up the good work.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Kimber22

Lil-Rokslider
Guys, I gotta tell you something. My Daughter-in-law bought my son an elk hunt for OCT 2020. She called me before she did and said "Dad, if I buy this I want you to go with him. It would be a father/son hunt for elk. Will you get into better shape?" I agreed despite having serious reservations. I am 47, 5-11, and 340. I have Crohns, diabetes, sleep apnea, and smoke. After the phone call I thought "shit what did I get into?" My Mrs was sitting there with this evil grin on her face. I was a Union Ironworker for 15 yrs. My body is seriously beat up. Bad knees, bad back, bad ankles. So my Mrs says we are joining the city fitness club here, as they have full on trainers, pool, etc. It even opens 5 am. I am thinking there is no way I can do this. Then I joined this forum. Spent a lot of time lurking around reading, then I found this thread. Well brothers all I can say is THANK YOU! I thought I there is no way to get back into the shape I was before I got hurt and gained all this weight. With the stories I have read here I KNOW it is possible, and I look forward to the challenge. The support here is awesome. I'm going to need some help brothers, especially in those dark days. Losing weight, quitting smoking, changing my diet.... those are all HUGE moves. But spending 7 days on the mountain chasing my only son is my biggest motivation. I need to do this. For him, for my Mrs, and for me. I want to say thank you for providing a support system outside my family. I'm gonna need it....

*zap*

WKR
Guys, I gotta tell you something. My Daughter-in-law bought my son an elk hunt for OCT 2020. She called me before she did and said "Dad, if I buy this I want you to go with him. It would be a father/son hunt for elk. Will you get into better shape?" I agreed despite having serious reservations. I am 47, 5-11, and 340. I have Crohns, diabetes, sleep apnea, and smoke. After the phone call I thought "shit what did I get into?" My Mrs was sitting there with this evil grin on her face. I was a Union Ironworker for 15 yrs. My body is seriously beat up. Bad knees, bad back, bad ankles. So my Mrs says we are joining the city fitness club here, as they have full on trainers, pool, etc. It even opens 5 am. I am thinking there is no way I can do this. Then I joined this forum. Spent a lot of time lurking around reading, then I found this thread. Well brothers all I can say is THANK YOU! I thought I there is no way to get back into the shape I was before I got hurt and gained all this weight. With the stories I have read here I KNOW it is possible, and I look forward to the challenge. The support here is awesome. I'm going to need some help brothers, especially in those dark days. Losing weight, quitting smoking, changing my diet.... those are all HUGE moves. But spending 7 days on the mountain chasing my only son is my biggest motivation. I need to do this. For him, for my Mrs, and for me. I want to say thank you for providing a support system outside my family. I'm gonna need it....

Awesome!

andy57

FNG
Awesom Kimber22. Myself I was fat and 5 yrs ago lost 100 lbs by diet and exercise. Now this I had hained 2/3 back. 8 weeks ago though I had open heart surgery and now its a huge lifestyle change. I am working hard at recovery and fitness to take my youngest son on a 2020 Co Elk hunt. I am 62 and I know it will not be easy but it will be worth it with my son