Fat Guy's

Zoomfish

Lil-Rokslider
Glad to heartily were able to do! Quitting booze was initially tough and got much easier after first few weeks. Unfortunately that has been replaced w/2x the Copenhagen. Funny how all those days stuck at work events and no snuff all day and you feel great didn’t resonate. Time to unshithead myself!

Hope I can say I’m in same boat as you in few years! Thanks for sharing

How's it going fellow fat guys? Keeping on track here- down to 236 (started at 260 first of October). new pr's for reps on squat and bench press this week- so after a bit of a stall out over the holidays, back on track. Still on the skoal though- gonna worry about that after I get to maintenance weight!
Keep at it!

tex0373

Lil-Rokslider
Stick with it man, gradual weight loss over time is definitely easier to maintain. I was 300 (6'4") about 8 years ago and worked down to 208 over 3 or 4 years. My wife didn't like it so I put some back on by pounding the weights more, now I stay around 250, really need to be 230 range. Last year I swapped from a regular gym to a crossfit type gym and really like it. My overall fitness level has definitely increased and the competitive nature of it really makes me push it. Also, noticed a significant difference while hunting this past September. Weight loss and fitness is not rocket science, consistency and diet is key. You will have tough days and failures along the way, but its worth it in the end. Even with a bad day in the gym you are still blowing away the dudes sitting on their butts all day.

Thanks Tex, working towards a sheep hunt in Aug 2020- Alaska Range. that's my motivation- so the plan is to take off the weight- change body composition through nutrition and weightlifting through 2019. Then early 2020 focus on getting specific for the mountain hunt. hike my ass off with the pack for the last few months leading up to the hunt. May get into crossfit at some point. but what I'm doing now seems to be working- monitoring macros, and lifting three days a week- good ole squat, deadlift, bench.

ODB

WKR
Any one been a fat kid and and got fit? I just gave up copenhagen and now beer witch i love. looking for motivation.

Here’s motivation: get fit well before you hit 40...once you do, it’s a royal
pain in the ass to get the weight off. Quit drinking, cut the sugar and cream from the coffee,toss the soda, don’t eat sugar and only (or try to) eat whole grains. It’s not fun at all. But neither is death...

The weight you lose today, may save your life tomorrow. Ask me how I know.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Five years ago I was broadsided by a drunk driver on new years eve. Suspect vehicle went 13" into the prisoner compartment after striking the B frame of my door. Totalled both cars. Good thing was they hit my black and white patrol car so help was easy to summon. Bad thing was the impact destroyed my shoulder and injured my back. I was already scheduled to transfer to Detectives that month so after surgeries and recovery I started in investigations. Gained weight sitting around all day so I needed a change, and have been plagued by back spasms since the crash.

Last April my doctor recommended TRX as it is good for core building and low impact. My wife is a crossfit cultist and none of what she does looked appealing to me. So I started working out 5-6 days a week with TRx and ate only fresh food and watched my calorie intake. No alcohol either.

I'm 511 and went from 240 to 200 in seven months. I am back down to my early career weight from 20 years ago. I weighed 185 when I started my job in 94, and am not sure I want to be that thin. 200 solid is a good weight for me.

I eat oatmeal and egg whites for breakfast then workout in our garage. My wife put horse stall mats in our garage and has a full gym out there with weights, bars, bike, rower, and I attach my TRX straps to her chin up bar. Mtn ops shake post workout then off to work. Buffalo, white tail, or elk with beans for lunch and at least three salads a week for dinner with boneless sardines on top. If i eat dinner I just eat smaller portions, same goes for eating out I just look for healthy options.

The weight has remained at 200 for four months now and the eating and workouts are just a lifestyle that is routine. I will be retired sometime later this year and moving to Montana, looking forward to being outside and active with no more work stress.

Think of it like building a brick wall when losing weight. One brick at a time, if one is crooked or too much mortar is used, clean it up and continue. Eventually a solid wall is built. Same goes for losing weight and staying in shape. One brick at a time...

noexcuses

FNG
I was 50yrs old and5'10" and 220 pounds started thinking about getting back into the gym and getting in shape especially after reading a lot of the success stories on this sight. I figured it was now or never but had really pretty much given up and tossed all my smaller clothes away a few years ago, just resigned to being heavy. Mid October last year started back into the gym lifting weights and stationary bike both 3 days a week. I was down to around 206/8 and I had to take 3 weeks off in December for hemroids issues from riding bike 40-60 min. started back into it after Christmas and was still about same weight.

Since my gym is half hr away I was looking to get something to use at home and picked up a used bowflex max trainer M5 (for a steal). I started out the first time on it at level 1 for 5 min. lol, next time was 10 min and withen a few days doing the 14min max program every other day. I have since moved up to doing it twice a day before and after work, once on level 7 and other time about half that.

I pretty much cut all bread, candy (except Christmas time lol) and chips, pretty much cut way back on carbs and started having a protein shake with a couple strawberries and teaspoon of peanut butter fro breakfast. I still have a few carbs for lunch and dinner but almost none for breakfast. Except for the carbs I still have most foods that I have always eaten just smaller portions.

In mid October I was 220#,
Jan 13 when I bought the max trainer 206#, 38" waist and 45" chest
today 3 weeks later on my 51st bday I weighted in at 195# 36" waist and 45" chest. blood pressure 119/70 with a pulse rate of 45 bpm, yeh I am loving/hating the "evil machine".
Another 20-25# to go and I will be where I have not been in 25 yrs

*zap*

WKR
I was 50yrs old and5'10" and 220 pounds started thinking about getting back into the gym and getting in shape especially after reading a lot of the success stories on this sight. I figured it was now or never but had really pretty much given up and tossed all my smaller clothes away a few years ago, just resigned to being heavy. Mid October last year started back into the gym lifting weights and stationary bike both 3 days a week. I was down to around 206/8 and I had to take 3 weeks off in December for hemroids issues from riding bike 40-60 min. started back into it after Christmas and was still about same weight.

Since my gym is half hr away I was looking to get something to use at home and picked up a used bowflex max trainer M5 (for a steal). I started out the first time on it at level 1 for 5 min. lol, next time was 10 min and withen a few days doing the 14min max program every other day. I have since moved up to doing it twice a day before and after work, once on level 7 and other time about half that.

I pretty much cut all bread, candy (except Christmas time lol) and chips, pretty much cut way back on carbs and started having a protein shake with a couple strawberries and teaspoon of peanut butter fro breakfast. I still have a few carbs for lunch and dinner but almost none for breakfast. Except for the carbs I still have most foods that I have always eaten just smaller portions.

today 3 weeks later on my 51st bday I weighted in at 195# 36" waist and 45" chest. blood pressure 119/70 with a pulse rate of 45 bpm, yeh I am loving/hating the "evil machine".

(y)

Carbs are not bad, try sweet potatoes, black beans, whole grain bread. Blueberries, avocado, broccoli and spinach are also very good for you. Your doing very good, keep up the good work!

Fantastic! Keep it up!

fatlander

WKR
I think portion control is the most important thing. Once learn to eat to survive vs eating to be full you can eat about what ever you want. I’m also a proponent of intermittent fasting. Eat between noon and 4 everyday. You can pretty much eat whatever you want and still lose weight.

No feasible amount of physical activity can offset a bad diet though. For context, I ran 10 miles a few days ago at an 8:20 mile pace and only burnt 1,600 calories; or a Big Mac w/ large fries and a large coke. Calories in less than calories calories out is the only way to lose weight.

Being hungry sucks, being fat and sucking wind sucks worse. I got up to 235 at one point. I’m comfortable where I’m at 180. I just maintain now, but I still fast during the work week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
B
Not sure how long ago i started this and i don't have a scale. But i have lost inches. That's what's matter's to me not pounds when i get there i will know. Thank you all that posted.

ChrisS

WKR
When it comes to diet, there are a lot of ways to get to the same place - find the route that works for you. Calories counting just isn't for me. I've done it plenty of the years and I usually would fall off at some point (usually just when I was noticing the bigger results). At 6ft, I've never been terribly overight, crept up to 240 once about 12 years ago, but since then I usually hover in the 215-225 range. Keto has worked for me over the last 4 months. I rarely feel hungry even when my daily intake is limited to some walnuts and macadamias and some hard boiled eggs. I don't feel like I'm dieting and I'm averaging about a 1lb a week loss (and that includes two full weeks at hunting camp, thanksgiving, Christmas, and a vacation). I still eat the occasional ribeye and have some drinks (no sugar cocktails). It's working for me. And I'm still keeping up my 4-5 workouts a week.

*zap*

WKR
I think if your overweight and not in the physical condition that you want to be in then it may be good to think of things in a progressive manner. The term diet to me describes something that is unsustainable in the long run so it may be good to make the progressive change to permanent good nutrition over a few months. I feel the same way about exercise, setting short term goals that will help me meet my long term goals and not lead to burn out is best for me. Flexibility/mobility exercises, strength training and cardio are all (imo) important and you need a sensible program of e-z duz it but do it when you incorporate all that into a program. Do something daily and keep the endorphins flowing while making doable incremental gains.
If what your doing is not working you may need to do an honest self assessment and decide on some changes.
Age is also a huge factor when determining your fitness program. Difficult goals may take a lot longer to attain and you really need a no quit attitude that will carry you thru years of short term goals to reach the level you want too be at.

Last edited: