Father and Son Rescued in Colorado

Ucsdryder

WKR
You knew that was coming. I bet they didn’t have a first aid kit either...

I bet they were from Texas! 🍿

lif

WKR
That area isn’t the place I would expect a rescue mission. Walk a half mile in any direction and you’ll hit a road. Glad they’re ok, wonder how unprepared they were? Some folks just freak out when it snows

Broomd

WKR
Good lord.
At least they had the device, but then again maybe they would have relied on their legs and brains (?) to get them out of there without it.

If our family had a dime for every potentially dangerous situation we were in while hunting, we'd be loaded.
Can't imagine how these two would cope with 100 MPH winds and stinging week-long rain on Kodiak.

Last edited:
Makes you wonder how many tags get sold to other guys from down South or back East who come out West and are equally as unprepared and in over their head 🤷‍♂️ 50%? You can't really fault them though, you don't have any experience until you have experience, and the only way to get it is to get out there and get after it. Not everyone grew up in the mountains like a lot of us. I wonder what your bill is for hitting the SOS on the Inreach? 😲

Poser

WKR
Makes you wonder how many tags get sold to other guys from down South or back East who come out West and are equally as unprepared and in over their head 50%? You can't really fault them though, you don't have any experience until you have experience, and the only way to get it is to get out there and get after it. Not everyone grew up in the mountains like a lot of us. I wonder what your bill is for hitting the SOS on the Inreach?

No charge for the actual rescue -you pay a S&R fee with the purchase of your license in CO. I’m guessing the outfitter who rescued them did so as a favor.
Now, if your rescue turns into a ambulance ride, you could get charged for that end. For example, if SARS turns you over to a helicopter ambulance.

wytx

WKR
Some folks just don't listen to good advice.
Brother in law came up to hunt elk in Colorado and spouse went to help them out. First advice was leave your cotton clothes at home, he actually though we were kidding. They had a miserable hunt with wet clothes and no elk. Go figure.
Bunch of NR rescues in Wyoming mountains as well this weekend.

FLAK

WKR
I'm from the Southeast and I've been cold in the snow in ID.,MT.,NM, AK and never once considered rescue.
And the coldest I've ever been was in TN.