Father’s Day gift elk hunting under $500

Bucky

Lil-Rokslider
Let’s here some ideas for pops for Fathers Day. I have a couple ideas but you guys always give some good ideas I never would have thought of. Thanks!

RyanCmns

WKR
What does he need? Kifaru stuff is always good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Bucky

Bucky

Lil-Rokslider
Rifle/muzzy! Hope to be able to pay for a moose hunt soon as he is 54. That would be the ultimate gift just not there yet. Meantime get him something useful for this years muzzy elk hunt

TX_Diver

WKR
What does he have already?

Some backpacks, tents, knives, binos, scopes, sleeping bags, etc. are all available within that category. If he's already got a tent you could get a stove for it, etc.

RyanCmns

WKR
I’ve been going overboard on Father’s Day gifts the last few years now that I’m a dad I realized how terrible the gifts I used to get him were lol I’ll 2nd a stove and a luci lamp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where do you usually hunt? If in CO maybe a nice peep and front globe for the muzzy?

Pick something he has and make it lighter?

Northpark

WKR
Totally got wrapped up in moving. I gotta figure something out. I know mine talked about going to a .243 instead of a .30-06 for deer hunting so maybe a new rifle could fit the bill.

Under $500.00.......GPS, Range Finder, Nice folding saw, nice headlamp, custom forged knife, nice pair of binoculars, nice Leatherman tool, set of nice Camos, Mystery Ranch or Exo Backpack

I’m going to get my father-in-law a SpotX gps. He hunts solo a lot and has had a knee replacement and his wife worries he’ll have a bad fall when out by himself. Not sure if your dad needs it might be something he doesn’t already have.

Reloading equipment, Seek Outside LBO or Cimarron, Crispi boots or any other high end brand of boots, SilverStag knife or the new Vortex Diamondback 15x56 binos.

Kassius

FNG
You can make a basket gifts with the things he likes. I am sure he will like it.

Elkbelch

FNG
My dad got old on me and hasn’t elk hunted since 2012, not Father’s Day but for Christmas I am turning those old 90s 8mm tapes of our hunts in to CDs. He lugged that heavy camera up every mountain in our area. I did it a few years ago with some of them. It wasn’t cheap but worth it. We watch them at our deer camp

Shawn