Fave Sheep Video

leoni1

FNG
I am going CRAZY since I am on a mandatory year off from bighorn sheep hunting, having been lucky enough to tag a ram in 2019.

Since sheep hunting is not in the cards for me, I want to share some of the best sheep hunting videos that I’ve seen. For whatever reason, these 3 really take me back to the essence of chasing sheep.

Enjoy, and post up links to your favorites. I don’t know any of these guys personally, but they all seem like stand up guys.

1. Billy Molls “Spirit of a Sheep Hunter”.
This Alaskan guide is the real deal, and shows maturity and wisdom that distills the essence of mountain hunting.

2. Brad Fry. This Canadian guide/outfitter seems to excel at many species across different landscapes. His Saskatchewan mule deer hunts are also amazing. He seems like the kind of man that was born a couple centuries too late.

3. Greg McHale. This Yukon resident is an absolute beast, with adventure racing pedigree and base fitness and mountaineering skill that puts him in a class nearly on his own. Incredible skill, knowledge, fitness, and hunting philosophy.

What are your favorite videos?

Here is a picture of my 2019 ram.

fffcb44f34ae0ae7ec80b4fb16c199e0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am going CRAZY since I am on a mandatory year off from bighorn sheep hunting, having been lucky enough to tag a ram in 2019.

Since sheep hunting is not in the cards for me, I want to share some of the best sheep hunting videos that I’ve seen. For whatever reason, these 3 really take me back to the essence of chasing sheep.

Enjoy, and post up links to your favorites. I don’t know any of these guys personally, but they all seem like stand up guys.

1. Billy Molls “Spirit of a Sheep Hunter”.
This Alaskan guide is the real deal, and shows maturity and wisdom that distills the essence of mountain hunting.

2. Brad Fry. This Canadian guide/outfitter seems to excel at many species across different landscapes. His Saskatchewan mule deer hunts are also amazing. He seems like the kind of man that was born a couple centuries too late.

3. Greg McHale. This Yukon resident is an absolute beast, with adventure racing pedigree and base fitness and mountaineering skill that puts him in a class nearly on his own. Incredible skill, knowledge, fitness, and hunting philosophy.

What are your favorite videos?

Here is a picture of my 2019 ram.

fffcb44f34ae0ae7ec80b4fb16c199e0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just watched spirit of a sheep hunter wow how awsome....

Boomtakem2

Lil-Rokslider
Well, there goes the balance of my Sunday! Sheep videos for me!

Would love to see more posted in this thread!

Thanks for sharing.

recurveman

Lil-Rokslider
Spirit of a sheep hunter is incredible. Really long but the story is by far and away the most realistic story of a sheep hunt. There are so many ups and downs with any hunt and you can't experience it with a video of just a kill shot in 5 minutes.

The 39 day epic stone sheep hunt is also very good. Most interesting part is it starts with an older man that got around OK but wasn't doing great. After 39 days in the field he was a new man and felt like a million bucks. Just something to ponder.........

Newbergs story is good but it doesn't give as much struggle in the story as they actually went through. All are worth watching.

DBuck

Lil-Rokslider
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bet I’ve watched this half a dozen times! I enjoy hearing the older gentleman’s stories and just the way he talks...truly a hunt of a lifetime.

My favorite video is the one I took last week of the two rams butting heads. First time I've ever been able to catch it on video. God I love sheep hunting....

bushpilot

Lil-Rokslider
This has been a driving influence since it came out.

KClark

WKR
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

PNWGATOR

WKR
Billy Molls is one heck of a guide and put together an incredible story in that video.

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
just watched several of these, all good so far ! :)

I'll add RamTown on you tube, two diy guys floating into (and out of) the Brooks Range for Dall, amateur filming, but it's pretty good