Fave Sheep Video

OP
L

leoni1

FNG
Class of 2023 Dall :D

Haha, love it! Good luck to you in 2023.

Ram Town is one heck of a video. The guys clearly know their stuff and and highly motivated, but still manage to keep things light and fun. Good on them.

My advice to any sheep hunter (having hunted OTC bighorn as an Alberta resident for years but having never gone on a guided sheep hunt) is to hunt hard and focus on the experience. Be prepared both physically and mentally, and don’t let things like bad weather days or other hunters in your drainage get you down. Stay positive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KClark

WKR
^ nice!

just watched the 39 day hunt for stone sheep in BC vid, that definitely qualifies for epic- wowsers! :)

I know that old guy! He took this picture in a MT Unlimited area back in the mid 1980s.

Ky6dHLj.jpg

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
thumbs up for McHales "off the beaten path"- rafting, rock climbing, mountaineering and even some hunting :D

dydetert

FNG
I was thinking about getting into sheep hunting prior to this thread.... thanks for costing me a million dollars! Haha

SLDMTN

Super Moderator
Staff member
I enjoyed these but I was wondering what are the AK regulations about using a drone while hunting? Illegal in BC.

Not that I’d trust my memory but I thought I read that can be used however they count as same day airborne. I’d certainly talk to ADFG before I used one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Going to add to the list Season 5 (Episodes 1-5) of Mtn Project, drop dead gorgeous country and these guys hunt their asses off! :)

Indyal

Lil-Rokslider
Randy Newberg’s sheep hunt has an edited 45 min version and a much longer 9 part version.

I really liked the Meateater episode “Hunting the clouds”. He does not get a sheep. There is a sweet wistful tone to that video. As I get older, I get that feeling this may be the last time I get to do this whenever I travel to hunt.

Indyal

Lil-Rokslider
Randy Newberg’s sheep hunt has an edited 45 min version and a much longer 9 part version.

I really liked the Meateater episode “Hunting the clouds”. He does not get a sheep. There is a sweet wistful tone to that video. As I get older, I get that feeling this may be the last time I get to do this whenever I travel to hunt.

cronsman

WKR
All these videos have made me try to convince the wife to move up to AK the last few months. I think I'm close to breaking through...maybe haha