Favorite 300 Win round

Seamaster

Lil-Rokslider
Look for something that features a 180 grain bullet. I doubt if you can find any 300 WM rounds, from any manufacturer, with 180 grain bullets that will not take an elk cleanly. The premium bullets will dig a little deeper, but you truly do not need them if you have enough bullet weight. The Nosler Partition or Accubond bullets are excellent. If you need to shoot copper a bullet weight of roughly 165 works well in a 300 WM.

Outlaw99

WKR
For factory rounds, I’d go with Barnes. I’m betting you’ll get better out of the box accuracy with them vs, the bowlers. The ELDX will fly right there with the Barnes, but I like the bullet performance better with Barnes.

The standard no frills Federal BLUE BOX in 180gr will do just fine and don't cost an arm and a leg and are one of the most consistently accurate factory loads on the market...they shoot great in any rifle. They will kill elk, for 30.00 a box just as dead as a 70.00 box of ammo.

OP
DMurphy

DMurphy

FNG
The standard no frills Federal BLUE BOX in 180gr will do just fine and don't cost an arm and a leg and are one of the most consistently accurate factory loads on the market...they shoot great in any rifle. They will kill elk, for 30.00 a box just as dead as a 70.00 box of ammo.
This is wonderful news!

F250

FNG
I have to go with the most accurate round I have found for my particular .300 Win Mag : 180 gr. Winchester Power Points. Actually very inexpensive when compared to the premium ammo. Performs without issue on deer, elk, caribou.