Favorite .357 Revolver?

mcseal2

WKR
Shot both my S&W 357's today. I shot the little S&W 60 Pro Series with the 110gr WInchester JHP ammo. It's about right for the little gun, not a 38 but not uncomfortable either. My 386XL Hunter is close enough in weight if I want heavier/harder loads I'll pack it instead. If I was to pack it in big predator country I'd likely try the Buffalo Bore 158gr +P 38 special ammo.

I have about a box of HSM 180's through the 386 now and am going to switch to them to carry in it. They shoot well and are a little more affordable than Buffalo Bore or the others. I had to adjust my sights a bit for this load from my 158's so I hope to find a practice load that hits the same.

rhusby28

Lil-Rokslider
I have a 4” GP100 I use to wear in a drop leg holster. It’s a great revolver, but it got heavy and I didn’t enjoy crawling around on the ground with it. Now I carry a single stack Springfield XD-E 45 ACP in an Eberlestock Scout Bino Harness. Another 357 Mag to look at is the newer Kimber K6’s. Also 10mm is a fantastic cartridge with plenty of stopping power, and some of the manufacturers with 1911 platforms are offering them. Happy buying

87TT

WKR
I have a few. A GP100 4", S&W 686 4", Ruger Blackhawk SA 4", Security 6 6", and a S&W 340PD 2".
The trigger on the 686 is way smoother than the GP100 even after having a trigger job done on it. Both are stainless steel and heavy. The Security6 is also heavy but a joy to shoot. The Ruger Blackhawk was my late Bro in law's and my sister gave it to me. Nice gun if you don't mind SA. My go to carry gun is the S&W 340PD. 5 shot 2" that is an absolute b**tch to shoot with anything but 38's. But at 12 oz empty that is to be expected. Don't even know it's on my pack belt and can go in a front or back pocket when the pack is off..