Favorite .357 Revolver?

mtnkid85

WKR
I’ve been toting a 3” Kimber k6s and am really enjoying it. Carries real nice and still has just enough weight to not be too painful with full house loads.

Trigger is fantastic as well. Only problem I’ve had is finding holsters for it.

Trial153

WKR
I’ve been toting a 3” Kimber k6s and am really enjoying it. Carries real nice and still has just enough weight to not be too painful with full house loads.

Trigger is fantastic as well. Only problem I’ve had is finding holsters for it.
Thank for the info. I am thinking of grabing it with a BHA lifetime membership.

TomM

FNG
Ive had several 357s and currently don't own any. A 3'' SP101 is a fantastic little revolver, mine was stolen or I would still own it. This is going to sound weird but I really don't like the sharp crack and fast recoil impulse from a 357. I Load a 45 colt to moderate pressures with a 325 grain cast moving 1100 fps, with 800 foot pounds of energy I find it very comfortable to shoot vs 357s.

The GP 101 and 686 are great. Someone mentioned the Smith 69, a five shot revolver, another EXCELENT choice. if I were to buy a packing pistol it would be either a Glock 20, Smith 69, or a SP 101.

x2, I bought a SP 101 3” for its trail carrying capabilities and have not been disappointed. It’s very mild with 38’s at the range. If I was going to step up to a GP or 686 size, then I would just move to a 44 Spec or 45 LC, both which offer great flexibility.

Pulled he trigger on the 327PC today. $800 couldn’t pas it up. Feels fantastic, great grips and trigger and man it’s light. Points great for me, can’t wait to shoot it. I’m thinking Kenai chest holder or some sort of OWB I can adapt to my pack.

I am thinking of grabbing the Kimber K6...anyone have any feedback on it?

I love my Kimber K6s 3" as it's about a pound lighter than my SW 686 PC 4". That said, shooting a heavy load is uncomfortable enough that not many people will want to practice a lot with such loads. I'm not expert, by a long shot, but seems like practice until muscle memory takes over would be critical to try to improve chance of success in an ultra high stress situation. If you don't need a heavy load, I do like it.

That said, I absolutely love my SW 686 PC 4" if weight isn't an issue.

I loaded some 180gr bullets at about 1000fps which are quite comfortable to shoot but still have a strong enough kick to put a smile on my face and have fun shooting it. This is my practice load which I use in the Action Shooting Competitions (USPSA / IDPA) to try to make shooting in moving, varied situations as much second nature as possible. Then my plan is to carry a heavy bear load when in black bear country (not planning any Grizzly area hunts at this time).

While I love the wood grip look, the rubber on the SW is also much more comfortable to shoot with a heavier load.

From all that I've read from people with actual experience with bear attacks, as hard as it would be, it sounds like accuracy is key. For me to be accurate I have to practice a ton in varied situations (think field positions vs. bench rest only) and be very comfortable with my gun. Just trying to learn from ones who've been there or know actual first hand accounts.

IMG_2893 (1).jpg
ps - love using moonclips. wouldn't expect to have time to reload in a wilderness encounter, but they're just so easy otherwise.

Jacack

WKR
S&W 327 trr8, had it for maybe 9 years or so and it's so accurate it's almost not fun to shoot. Killed a few deer and hogs with it and a various other creatures.

Shot the 327 today. I love it. 38s were nothing, 150 gr PMC mag loads weren’t bad at all, but full power 158 grain Speers got a little rowdy. Not unreasonable, but a lot of muzzle flash and I wouldn’t shoot it without muffs unless I had to.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I love my Kimber K6s 3" as it's about a pound lighter than my SW 686 PC 4". That said, shooting a heavy load is uncomfortable enough that not many people will want to practice a lot with such loads. I'm not expert, by a long shot, but seems like practice until muscle memory takes over would be critical to try to improve chance of success in an ultra high stress situation. If you don't need a heavy load, I do like it.

That said, I absolutely love my SW 686 PC 4" if weight isn't an issue.

I loaded some 180gr bullets at about 1000fps which are quite comfortable to shoot but still have a strong enough kick to put a smile on my face and have fun shooting it. This is my practice load which I use in the Action Shooting Competitions (USPSA / IDPA) to try to make shooting in moving, varied situations as much second nature as possible. Then my plan is to carry a heavy bear load when in black bear country (not planning any Grizzly area hunts at this time).

While I love the wood grip look, the rubber on the SW is also much more comfortable to shoot with a heavier load.

From all that I've read from people with actual experience with bear attacks, as hard as it would be, it sounds like accuracy is key. For me to be accurate I have to practice a ton in varied situations (think field positions vs. bench rest only) and be very comfortable with my gun. Just trying to learn from ones who've been there or know actual first hand accounts.

View attachment 85494
ps - love using moonclips. wouldn't expect to have time to reload in a wilderness encounter, but they're just so easy otherwise.

My god that kimber revolver is ugly....wow!!!! Glad to hear it shoots well, that’s what’s really important but just.....wow.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Shot the 327 today. I love it. 38s were nothing, 150 gr PMC mag loads weren’t bad at all, but full power 158 grain Speers got a little rowdy. Not unreasonable, but a lot of muzzle flash and I wouldn’t shoot it without muffs unless I had to.

The performance center 327 snobby??? That’s what I have, great gun. I was watching true detective season 1 the other day and I noticed the main character had one as his main gun.

OP
NDGuy

NDGuy

WKR
but full power 158 grain Speers got a little rowdy.

I can relate to this, I took my GP100 out for the first time on Friday and when shooting the .38s it was like a cap gun. When I switched to .357s she bucked pretty good haha I love it though such a fun little revolver and glad I will be carrying it this fall.

X-file

Lil-Rokslider
Wife’s is an sp101 with the action worked. That think is so smooth now. Mine is a smith 627-5. A little big to carry but can’t go wrong with the 8 round reel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk