Favorite A-Frame Blind?

Have been looking to get 2 A-Frame blinds to fit 6-7 people in a field. Any recommendations? Got to setup and sit in a couple Avian-X blinds recently, but looking for some feedback before buying 2 for myself.

Jwhitney

FNG
I ended up bending some electrical conduit and welding up some end connectors so I could take it apart to travel and reassemble it easily. I covered it in chicken wire and zip tied grass to that.

I have the tanglefree panel blind. I like it. Folds flat, easy to set up. Because it is really two sections (front panel, back panel) it is very customizable for different situations. I can use just one panel if I want due to terrain etc. If the ground is uneven it allows for a little but more adjustability. I also have the flip tops and snow camo covers as well. For how/where I hunt, I love it. Set up as front and back panel- three hunters is fine, anymore is too crowded.

My brother has the Lucky Duck 2x4 blind. It is pretty cool too. Very much like a A-frame. I would also say that three guys is the maximum. Same goes for the A-frame- they say four, but it is really too crowded. One cool feature of the Lucky Duck is that it comes with both a 4 man and two man fabric. You can choose to just assemble the blind for two guys. As far as I know, there are no tops or snow camo available for this blind as of yet.

For the record- I originally owned an A-frame and returned it. Just wasn't going to work for how I hunt.

SoDaky

WKR
Yes,make sure of your need.Friend and I own one.Used twice in 3 years.

skierhs

WKR
I would suggest the tanglefree panel blinds. . . And buy them on sale. I have a single panel blind and find it to be very roomy. It’s folds up the smallest of any of the blinds I know of. Having the tops is really nice, especially when you have birds flying high above you.

huntineveryday

Lil-Rokslider
I've hunted out of the Altan A-frame from Roger's and the Tanglefee panel blinds. The A-frame does better if it's windy, but I preferred the panel blinds. Easier to carry in and set up, and you can adjust them a little more to fit different situations.

If you're looking at an A-frame, the ones from Roger's Sporting Goods go on sale pretty cheap.

I duck hunt farm ponds and need to move to a different spot every day. The Avian X A frame has worked perfectly for me, and we've hunted around 30-40 times out of it in the last 2 seasons. It's light enough to carry a hundred or so yards from the truck, but I definitely wouldn't be using it to carry in somewhere. We hunt 4 guys out of it regularly, but I agree it's much nicer with 3. The other day we pinned open the side panels and hunted with 6 - 4 inside and 2 on the outside behind each wing. Didn't flare any birds.

Lucky duck makes a nice one. Although, i've hunted out of homemade a frame before with the same amount of luck.

Ryan_1129

Lil-Rokslider
I have the tangle free panel blinds and love them, right around dec. 11th, 2019 I was able to pick up two panels for $379. On Sunday we hunted with our panel blind and an a frame right beside us, both looked awesome camo’d up. The only thing I noticed was the a frame took a little longer to set up , but it is still a nice blind.

Oregon

WKR
I have the tangle free panel blinds and love them, right around dec. 11th, 2019 I was able to pick up two panels for $379. On Sunday we hunted with our panel blind and an a frame right beside us, both looked awesome camo’d up. The only thing I noticed was the a frame took a little longer to set up , but it is still a nice blind.

I hunted the same blind roughly a dozen times this year. Fit 4 people, way more comfortable with 3.
had the 3 flip top roofs.
Absolutely a great tool for waterfowl hunting. Blocks wind, keeps rain off your head, vanishes especially when placed against a back drop.
Late season mallards we’re fooled consistently. Only draw back. You will not enjoy carrying the wet panels anywhere.

Ryan_1129

Lil-Rokslider
I hunted the same blind roughly a dozen times this year. Fit 4 people, way more comfortable with 3.
had the 3 flip top roofs.
Absolutely a great tool for waterfowl hunting. Blocks wind, keeps rain off your head, vanishes especially when placed against a back drop.
Late season mallards we’re fooled consistently. Only draw back. You will not enjoy carrying the wet panels anywhere.
Agreed, I have been wanting to get one of those carts for carrying the panels and decoys, would be a slick set up. The panel blinds dry are not heavy but I would not want to carry them in to a public hunting spot.