Favorite audio books?

Hey guys I’m looking for suggestions for audio books. I’ll be spending a little time on an airplane this week. I just listened to a book about Wild Bill and Buffalo Bill Cody’s autobiography. I loved both of them. Also listened to a fiction series I think it was called Long Road to Survival. I don’t listen to much fiction stuff but I enjoyed it also. Have y’all found any good listens lately? I’m Using the Scribd app. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beendare

WKR
Anything by Vince Flynn....the Mitch Rapp series...try to start from the beginning. Everyone I know loves those.

"No Easy Day"...though we somewhat know the story....still very good

"American Operator."...a couple of those now [I got those from someone on this site- thx to whomever it was]

To the in touch with your touchy feely side /grin.... [its pretty good] "Where the crawdads sing"

Beendare

WKR
Anything by Vince Flynn....the Mitch Rapp series...try to start from the beginning. Everyone I know loves those.

"No Easy Day"...though we somewhat know the story....still very good

"American Operator."...a couple of those now [I got those from someone on this site- thx to whomever it was]

To the in touch with your touchy feely side /grin.... [its pretty good] "Where the crawdads sing"

If you like drama's, "Defending Jacob" is really good, a little older

I liked that book, "Beartown" translated from Swedish or something- its good.....and if you are a hockey fan its even better....the other one by the same author, "A man named Ove" is only OK.

I'll limit myself to a few, off the top of my head:

Espionage/Thriller: The Company (Robert Littell), Gray Man series (Mark Greaney)
Humor: Decline and Fall, or Scoop (Evelyn Waugh), any of the Jeeves books (P.G. Wodehouse), In a Sunburned Country (Bill Bryson)
Non-Fiction: 400 Things Cops Know (Adam Plantinga);
Sci-Fi: Ender's Game (Orson Scott Card)
Fantasy: Bartimeus series (Jonathan Stroud), Dresden Files series (Jim Butcher), Iron Druid Series (Kevin Hearne), also, Jim Dale does a helluva job narrating the Harry Potter books

ODB

WKR
Out of Africa
West with the Night ( Julie Harris reads)
White Hunters
Green Hills of Africa (Josh Lucas reads)
Lets dont go to the dogs tonight and Scribbling the Cat - Alexandra Fuller

See a trend??

David Joys book was good

Krakatoa and The Meaning of Everything - Simon Winchester

SloMoPete

FNG
Shadow Divers - Robert Kurson
Norse Mythology - Neil Gaiman
A Sand County Almanac - Aldo Leopold
Meditations - Marcus Aurellius
The Fold - Peter Clines

Blood Meridian
Killing Rommel
Gates of Fire

Load up on podcast. Meateater. Bha. Kifaru. And of course Rokcast and Avery Adventures.

Kilboars

WKR
I'm listening to "Empire of the Summer Moon" for the 2nd time.

Great history on the Republic of Texas and the US settlers dealings with the Cherokee Indian warriors.

Cherokee word meaning " people that disagree with everything" which the other tribes gave them.

ODB

WKR
Killerr of the Flower Moon - David Grann. You get to hear all about the murders of the Osage - my peeps.

Vandy321

WKR
Grey Work by Jamie Smith

CIA type stories, non-fiction. Even if it's only half truth, the guy has some of the best stories I've heard. Some good general survival abroad type tips as well.

Grperry

FNG
Vince Flynn books are a great listen. ( Mitch Rapp series)

OP
aclawrence
Deep Survival by Lawerence Gozales. I recommend it to anyone interested in survival psychology.

I have read that book. Some good stories in there. Thanks for all the suggestions everyone.